ohg mixer

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
herb

ohg mixer

Post by herb »

Hello can anybody help me out with some info on a OHG x450 mixer with x1 vaporizer, this set up is also turbocharged with a AK Miller set up. My problem is with the vacuum line hook ups. I have rebuilt the vaporizer ,that didnt help I"ve taken the mixer apart and found a bad gasket between the mixer and throttle body I"ve replaced the gaskets ,that didnt help. When iI had the mixer opened up I found the o-ring in the riser was bad, replaced that and that did'nt help.Now some rodent has eaten my vacuum lines off so now it wont run at all !!!!!! Oh yeah it's a ford f 250 with a 360 hd truck engine 1975. Any suggestions on locating vacuum lines and schematics for my setup ? Thanks

franz

Re: ohg mixer

Post by franz »

You dont state what the original problem was, just that "it didnt help", help what?

Vacuum hoses are as follows, facing the mixer where the idle adjustment screw is.

Above and to the right of the idle screw is a 1/4" port which connects to the enrichment valve. This typically connects to a manifold vacuum source (a PCV valve is a common location).
Below and to the left of the idle screw may connect to the idle mixture solenoid if used, or to a vacuum lock off, again if used, or just plugged if not.
The black hex plug above and to the left of the idle screw connects to the vaporizer vent with a 3/8" vacuum hose.

This is all there is on the X-450.

Franz

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

You also mentioned the o'ring in the riser was bad. I am going to interpret this to mean you are referring to the o'ring that is around the air metering valve piston. The o'ring around this piston is split on purpose, if this is the o'ring that you meant. The o'ring is a specific length leaving a gap of a specific size just like the gap on an engine piston compression ring. Without the gap the piston will stick in a fully open position. Many times we see mechanics replace this oring to make a sealed chamber. Now the metering valve will lock in a fully open position as soon as vac is applied to the top of the piston. Without the gap that acts as a vent the piston cannot drop. Franz can probably provide the correct air gap.

herb

Post by herb »

Thanks to Franz and c3h8 for your help. I had so many things wrong ! Whew ! Maybe I can get it sorted out now again I Thank you. Franz the original problem started out as engine would stumble at take off it would clear up after rpms increase, originally I thought it was an ignition prob. It was hard to find anyone in the area that was familiar with OHG set ups. I will reroute vac lines and see what happens ! I kept the (what I thought was a broken o-ring) and will reinstall today.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

Welcome to the forum!

If you have more questions, you can include photos with your posting. This makes it a lot easier to understand your situation. You might also want to consider getting Franz' s Diagnostic Guide, which would be very helpful in setting up your mixer.