1988 Chevrolet Blazer

Tell us what you have on the go!
Mugen

1988 Chevrolet Blazer

Post by Mugen »

Hello all! Name is Frankie, live in Tucson, AZ and here is my dellemma: I currently have an Acura Integra with all kinds of import tuner mods to it..and still get 20+ mpg on regular gas...but I am in need of a bigger car, with the capabilities of off roading to get to airsoft ao's and carry all my gear and such. I found an 88' Blazer (big body) 4x4 with 45,000 original miles and runs beautifully....My problem is that gas is costing me $3.50 a gallon..and became a member of this forum to learn more about a propane conversion for this Blazer...any help would be appreciated!
Death to all who oppose me, for I am power made flesh..come, face me and see how weak you truly are...

Post by Guest »

Damn...thanks for all your help...friends... :roll:

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

If you are looking for a parts list to do the conversion, I don't have one. As you should have the Blazer certified by a licensed propane mechanic anyway, a good place to start would be to talk with the mechanic at a local conversion shop and I have three listed in Arizona on my American Conversion Center page.

Eskimo

Post by Eskimo »

Or, you could happen to look at my project, since my drivetrain is similar to yours, in fact I pulled my engine from a '85 K-5.. But that's as much spoon-feeding as I can handle..
"the FJ" - 1970 Toyota FJ-305 rock crawler - Chevy 305, now running on BBQ juice.. http://www.rnrfab.com/rich/05build

"FJ Hauler" - 1998 Dodge Ram Cummins 3500, B20 fueled, 300hp/700tq at the wheels..

Imagine

Post by Guest »

Hello all! Name is Frankie, live in Tucson, AZ and here is my dellemma: I currently have an Acura Integra with all kinds of import tuner mods to it..and still get 20+ mpg on regular gas...but I am in need of a bigger car, with the capabilities of off roading to get to airsoft ao's and carry all my gear and such. I found an 88' Blazer (big body) 4x4 with 45,000 original miles and runs beautifully....My problem is that gas is costing me $3.50 a gallon..and became a member of this forum to learn more about a propane conversion for this Blazer...any help would be appreciated!
:X Now imagine if the world was like that.:I

Frank
Site Admin

Dual Fuel Conversion Article

Post by Frank »

I just finished writing a page about dual fuel conversions. Have look and see if it has any useful information for you.