Need automotive LPG troubleshooting help?

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
Frank
Site Admin

Need automotive LPG troubleshooting help?

Post by Frank »

Franz Hofmann has recently published a book entitled "Diagnostic Guide to Alternative Fuels, Volume 1". This 75 page book is the most complete and comprehensive guide to North American gaseous fuel systems available anywhere. If you have an gaseous fuel vehicle or repair these vehicles, I highly recommend that you get yourself a copy of this very reasonably-priced book.

For an idea of the contents of this book, please check the sample publication available as a PDF file. You will need Adobe Reader (free download) to view this file.

sgtlethargic

Post by sgtlethargic »

It's ready? I ask because the web site says it's in final editing.

Thanks,
Kurt

franz

Yes, it is

Post by franz »

I have been mailing the CD's for well over a month now. I forgot to update the page with the advert info. Will do it this afternoon.

franz dot hofmann at gmail dot com for info.

Franz
Last edited by franz on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattelderca

Post by Mattelderca »

Just ordered one! Looks like a good resource.
Cheers,
Matt

sgtlethargic

Post by sgtlethargic »

I finally ordered a copy.

Thanks,
Kurt

franz

Reminder

Post by franz »

I am flattered by the all the positive response, and yes, I am working on volume II. I am more than fully aware that its long overdue because of my pressing real-life working schedule. I am hoping for late Summer, maybe early Fall 2007.

So far, purchasers of my module represent Russia, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, South Africa, Turkey, Israel, Mexico, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Canada, the US, France, Spain (if I left anyone out, let me know).

This module covers technology mostly available in the US and Canada, (book II will be more broad in coverage, hopefully a worldwide reflection in technology).

Franz
Last edited by franz on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LPG383

Post by LPG383 »

Franz, I just ordered a copy. Will I be receiving the CD or book version? I'd prefer the book if at all possible.

Thanks,
Danek
383NA 12 sec propane malibu.
Stock 454Turbo propane malibu.

jono

Post by jono »

If I may quote something written in the past

"Volume Two is currently in draft format and will be available sometime after January 1, 2007 and will be a separate publication"

I am not trying to be :) :) (we all know what it is like to set a date for a project) Just think I need Vol I for starters

How is this Volume II going, cost idea ?

thanks

franz

Volume II

Post by franz »

Yipes, nothing like being quoted on a timeline!

I have started Volume II several times in the last 18 months since Volume I came out and had to revise it several times due to technical issues with some of the project equipment I was targeting.

I had planned to include an installation process on a typical US engine platform (the 2006 Ford F-150 4.6) and include a video. I sourced several equipment providers and selected one based on initial cost and ease of installation. Oops! Since I initiated this project, one of the suppliers has decided to cease operations in the US and I have had to move to plan "B".

I may have to table the installation video and do a generic installation with no specific provider, just an overview.

Now, there is no excuse for being late but I also have a real job that pays the bills. These books contribute to two very special projects, a scholarship fund I support and the National Hemophilia Foundation. My grandson has Hemophilia and there is no known cure, yet, only a lifetime of medical costs and treatments.

http://www.hemophilia.org

My real job has had me jumping through hoops so the only time I can put in to the book is in hotels at night, when I am not working on reports. All I can ask is to stay with me and I promise to make it worth your time. As for price, I have to factor in a lot of criteria, including time, equipment purchase, anticipated sales quantities, projected costs, and a host of other factors.

Also, being realistic, when Volume II comes out, my sales of Volume I will decrease. My sales for Volume I have been good, not quite what I expected and I have never broken even on expenses or time, but my responses have been very positive.

At this time, I am planning on a price increase but it should be well affordable by all, but my first goal is to make it worth YOUR time!

Franz

jono

Post by jono »

and you may have forgotten to mention the time you spend on this forum providing much appreciated answers based on your own experience.

Thanks, that is all I needed to know. I shall get in there and order my copy of Volume I.

YES!! I got it and also recommend it as an informative read for any of you fiddling with LPG. I can recommend the emailed version of about 3,200 KB file size. I successfully downloaded the attachment using my Outlook Express, my dodo webmail had a problem with it so maybe avoid that sort of delivery. Thanks for the repeated efforts to get it to me Franz

ktzed

Post by ktzed »

Hey im just getting in to this whole propane thing and just sent a payment for this book. Looking forward to reading it!

ps. Im in Canada and I didnt see a way to add $1 to my payment...I can send another payment for the dollar if its a big deal.
Thanks

franz

Payment

Post by franz »

Just do what is posted in Paypal, SOMETIMES, it will automatically convert it for me. I will send tonite, when I return home from my office.

Franz

ktzed

Post by ktzed »

Thanks!

The_Stuff

Post by The_Stuff »

I decided to purchase a copy to! i just sent the correct amount to his pay pal address with a note.

velocityboy

Re: Need automotive LPG troubleshooting help?

Post by velocityboy »

Just ordered the book too.
'78 Ford F-250: 460 cid. dual fuel.