Franz Hofmann and my Diagnostic Guide

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
franz

Franz Hofmann and my Diagnostic Guide

Post by franz »

Hello my fellow LPG fan(atics)! The forum administrator asked me to check in and say hello to all of you. I deeply apologize for not being as regular a contributor as I once was but certain life events have caused me to redirect my time and energy. I am still a gearhead, petrol head, and gas head, as one cannot easily separate those from oneself.

I now live back on my ranch and as long as I am able, I still perform my own repairs and occasionally help others with theirs.

The Diagnostic Guide has been very helpful to many people worldwide. I was an early adopter to the internet and in the mid 1990's, I transcribed many years of handwritten notes to HTML code longhand and created a website dedicated to troubleshooting propane powered vehicles. When I installed a page counter, I found that many thousands of people were looking at the page, and by reviewing their time on site, I found that many were downloading my HTML pages and selling them, both in HTML format and transferred to WordPerfect, and later MS Word. I felt that if they were profiting from my work, maybe I should too, sort of. Several years of updates followed and effective about 2005, I had to stop updating the guide. Some of the technology featured in the manual is no longer in production or outdated.

At one time, the US Propane Vehicle Council contracted with me to develop several advanced training manuals for them from which they distributed through their website. At last check, the material is no longer available. I still have the original manuscripts but the Propane Council technically owns the copyright to the material. Right now, I do not have any plans to attempt to regain ownership.
There are many talented main contributors who have carried the load of providing sound and appropriate advice and to them I say "congratulations, well done"!

In the meantime, if anyone still wants a copy of the guide, it is still available through Paypal for USD $16.95, provided in PDF format, about 3.5 mb. PM me for account name details.

Be safe in these crazy times, its been rough.

Yours,

Franz Hofmann

storm

Re: Franz Hofmann and my Diagnostic Guide

Post by storm »

Hi Franz it is good to hear from you, it has been a long time since you have been regular here. I've got to be honest and say I don't understand why you posted this and the thread below this one is one that suits your expertise down to the ground yet you didn't reply.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

franz

Post by franz »

Hello Storm;

I confess that I have not reviewed any of the prior posts, and am not familiar with the one you are referring to. If anyone has a specific question, I will try and answer when I am able. As I stated, VERY significant life events have required me to redirect my time to more pressing matters.

I hope you and others understand.

Franz

storm

Post by storm »

franz wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:02 am
I confess that I have not reviewed any of the prior posts, and am not familiar with the one you are referring to.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1853 the thread immediately before yours.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456