Pros vsi

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
darren

Pros vsi

Post by darren »

I have a 2006 3.3 6cyl grand caravan that is kicking me back to gasoline at half a tank (propane)any possible things to check?
Thx darren

C3H8

Re: Pros vsi

Post by C3H8 »

Could use a few more details. What brand of equipment are you running? Is it injected or carbureted. If it's injection and a Prins system or similar it could be as easy as a dirty fuel filter. The key reason injected systems return to gasoline is the fuel rail pressure drops below a minimum pressure. Usually around 700 or 800 millibar. Approximately 10 PSI. At this pressure engine demands exceed availability. Dirty filter. Outside temperature is causing low pressure in the tank. You don't say where you live or what your current temperatures are.

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

Could use a few more details. What brand of equipment are you running? Is it injected or carbureted. If it's injection and a Prins system or similar it could be as easy as a dirty fuel filter. The key reason injected systems return to gasoline is the fuel rail pressure drops below a minimum pressure. Usually around 700 or 800 millibar. Approximately 10 PSI. At this pressure engine demands exceed availability. Dirty filter. Outside temperature is causing low pressure in the tank. You don't say where you live or what your current temperatures are.

darren

Post by darren »

Thanks c3h8
Sorry prins vsi (spell check pulled a fast one on the title and I didn't notice)
Any way it's injected and in Saskatchewan temperature is not an issue . Filter certainly could be I've put on 250k and never checked. Where would it be ?
Darren

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

Normally there are two. One at the entrance to the Liquid lockoff or somewhere in the line between the tank shut off and the lock off under the hood. The other will be in the vapour line coming out of the regulator going to the fuel rails where the injectors are mounted. The line should split to send fuel to each rail and the filter will be ahead of the split It will likely be round, about 2 to 3 inches in diameter. The element is probably replaceable. Parts for Prins should be available from a company called MaxQuip out of Calgary. At $250K KM You should replace both. After that if the problem is not resolved you will have to check the regulator outlet pressures.

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

Also a possibility that the filter is also the split for the rail supply. Single hose in and double out.