IMPCO part # AB1-26

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
jono

IMPCO part # AB1-26

Post by jono »

anyone know what it looks like, whether they are still available ?

A link, or photo would help
It is a compensator for balance lines to counter pulsatioins within the balance line

C3H8

Re: IMPCO part # AB1-26

Post by C3H8 »

I've seen the number in the past but I don't remember the part. I did a search of the 2013 IMPCO catalogue and it does not exist anymore. I'll keep my eye open for any info on it.

jono

Post by jono »

I also tried google and including the brand, the part number and a suppliers name to no luck. I do have some copies of very old price lists on CD somewhere from late 70's must check it out. Looking forward to your findings. Franz might come to the rescue - he may have a shoebox full in his fire sale :)

bumpstart

Post by bumpstart »

AD1-26 is a hydrin secondary diaphragm for a model J reg
when the going is hard, don't retard, remember your lubrication

franz

Post by franz »

Its VERY rare to have just one part out of a repair kit. Many times I have seen the price for a single component cost more than the kit. For example, for the Model J, you can order a RK-J-2, and you will get the premium internal components. The standard black diaphragms are the minimum grade components, I order the "dash-2" whenever I order new parts, and they are about USD $10.00 more but well worth it.

Franz

jono

Post by jono »

and see what bumpstart has done by mentioning an entirely different part - though similar part number ? Sent Franz way of tangent of the initial topic the compensator AB1-26 for balance lines - curious to know what it looked like. Did not find it any old notes or parts lists of the days when the script style font was used on Impco equipment and brochures

storm

Post by storm »

A very quick Google indicates there is no such part number anymore but there is AB1-24 and AB1-28.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

franz

Post by franz »

The AB1-24 is a throttlebody assembly, while the AB1-28 is a mechanical primer used in a Cobra. None of the catalogs I have list the AB1-26. The AD1-26 is a secondary diaphragm and still available. I didnt see any reference to a compensator in my series of catalogs and really dont remember the number.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Franz

storm

Post by storm »

I find it very interesting that there doesn't seem to be a logic in part number sequence with Impco.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

franz

Post by franz »

There used to be. The only number that remained consistent was their silver label on the body or cover. The manufacturing date was very helpful. Take "190912". Take the first two numbers and reverse them. That gives the year, in this case, 1991. The 09 was the month, followed by the day. Sept 12, 1991. The latest numbering convention is more difficult and not consistent.

The RK-J-2 was simple, being a Repair Kit, Model J, with a #2 diaphragm material. The RK-E-2 was for the Model E, and so on. The little hollow brass fitting for vacuum hoses was the F4-2. The "F" was "Fitting", the rest of the sequence never made much sense although I could easily create something out of it.

jono

Post by jono »

hmmm, well, thanks for trying. The mention came out of an IMPCO book - featuring a lot of detail of classes held by Don bass, answering a lot of questions, looking at all gas applications of the day - early/mid seventies. Conjuring up image of Franz in shorts as a new recruit way back then :)

Nice to see some things not changed much in the IMPCO parts world. Won't be hassling local IMPCO boys for the part then :)