prins VSI locked ecu..

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
AU_Falcon

prins VSI locked ecu..

Post by AU_Falcon »

hi guys..

anyone had experience dealing with a locked ecu ..

im using the prins software..

i get "changes are not allowed" when trying to change parameters...

the installer of this system is long gone (parnell australia no longer in business)..

storm

Re: prins VSI locked ecu..

Post by storm »

Contact these guys https://prinsaustralia.com.au they took over from Parnell and a few were Parnell employees.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

AU_Falcon

Post by AU_Falcon »

thanks storm..

actually what the main problem was was the software wasnt right..i have managed with a newer software to make parameter changes to my lpg ecu, turns out it wasnt locked..

i have had a brief chat to prinsaustralia.. about my other, cutting out issue.. they directed me to a workshop near where i am.. i spoke to them but they cant look at it for 10 days..

anyway .. basically id rather not be dependent on workshops unless i truely get totally stuck..

what im looking at now is getting a secondhand ecu from wreckers and changing the parameters in it.. which i can now do myself with functioning software.. that would have cost a fortune if i went through a workshop (new ecu is $650AUD then the labour to "tune" - parameter swap)

storm

Post by storm »

I haven't seen the software so I don't know what it is capable of but most tuning software that I deal with, admittedly none of it is LPG specific, provides a means to save the current tune to the PC and upload a tune from the PC. $650 is cheap for a new ECU. Second hand ECUs, again non LPG, can sell on ebay for alot more simply because now teh Australian auto industry is gone there is not an infinite number of parts available anymore. Having said that you can buy a completely new 6 cylinder kit including ECU from AMR Manufacturing for $1350.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456