Holidays

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
C3H8

Holidays

Post by C3H8 »

For those that celebrate this time of the year. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. To all others, Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings to you.

Wishing everyone a great 2019.

Steptoe

Re: Holidays

Post by Steptoe »

And a good morning her Christmas day
Children with husband and wives, trailing in all 6 grandchildren, in for a Christmas BBQ breakfast (mid summer here)
They they all go their separate ways for lunches and Dinners with the rest of their families.
And this afternoon have a follow of friends dropping in whos families are over seas or away.

Yesterday, Christmas Eve, managed a spontaneous fishing trip out in the boat with son in law resulting in 8 nice pannie snapper and about 40 nice fat scallops
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

BigBlockMopar

Post by BigBlockMopar »

I wish everyone a Merry Chrysler Christmas, enjoy your Christmas dinner and have a good and healthy New Year!

https://www.bigblockmopar.com
'73 Dodge Dart - 360ci - 11.3:1cr
MegaSquirt + HEI 7-pin timing control - Edelbrock AirGap - Cold Air Intake
IMPCO E / 425 mixer - A518 OD-trans - 3.55 gears - 225/50/17" tires.

kikkegek

Post by kikkegek »

happy holidays to you too buddy from the Netherlands
GMC C15 Suburban happy holidays
GMC C15 Suburban happy holidays

my goal for 2019 is to finally get my Megasquirt installed and swap over to propane vapour injection on my 77 GMC C15 Suburban.
storage/project: 1974 GMC 25HUNDRED Suburban - fresh rebuild 350 small block - TH350-NP203 - 4.10 gears - IMPCO425 mixer
driver/project: 1977 GMC C15 Suburban - 454 big block - 4L80E- LPG VSI - 3.08 gears
sold: 1986 Chevrolet Suburban K20 Silverado

storm

Post by storm »

The picture of the burb covered in snow send chills down my spine. Downunder we are in heatwave conditions with temps ranging from 38-47 (Celsius) throughout much of the country. Looking forward to the monsoon restarting in the tropical north and sending some much needed rain to give this parched continent a bit of a drink.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

It's kind of hard to feel sorry for you Storm. On the Canadian prairies it is going to be -24C on Dec. 31 and the New Years day overnight is forecasted to be -30C. We all know global warming is a reality but I think some Canadian Prairie people wonder about that at this time of the year. Winnipeg, where I live is the documented as the coldest Canadian city with a population over 100,000. We love it anyways. Stay cool down there. Couple of pics of our current conditions.
IMG_1019.jpg
IMG_1017.jpg

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

Darn. they turned sideways. If you click on them they should rotate to the correct orientation.

storm

Post by storm »

C3H8 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:16 am
It's kind of hard to feel sorry for you Storm.
Gee thanks, lol.
C3H8 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:16 am
On the Canadian prairies it is going to be -24C on Dec. 31 and the New Years day overnight is forecasted to be -30C. We all know global warming is a reality but I think some Canadian Prairie people wonder about that at this time of the year. Winnipeg, where I live is the documented as the coldest Canadian city with a population over 100,000.
Cities in Siberia are currently experiencing as low as -38. Yakutsk in northern Russia has been as low as -64, not this year, and is the coldest known city on earth.

"Global warming" is a misnomer, climate change is a much better term. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Some places get warmer and others get colder. The planet is a giant heat exchanger and the heat is moving around and when it goes away, like it has in the northern hemisphere the cold bights hard.
C3H8 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:18 am
Darn. they turned sideways. If you click on them they should rotate to the correct orientation.
That's fine, I can turn my head sideways :lol:

I used to love the warm weather but my thermostat is changing. I'd consider moving to Tasmania, New Zealand or even Macquarie Island (once the old dispute with NZ about who owns it is all sorted) to get away from this heat.
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

If looking at NZ.. or tazzy.. stay a good 100 mile above the 40th parallel (roaring 40s in sailing ship days)
Auckland we have had the last to hottest summer on record...ave.. getting up around 32 deg C on the odd day.
Winter miss the frosts..and planting out veggie gardens 6 weekend earlier than 7 to 10yrs ago.
And the fishing (sea) is beyond belief...binned up today 30m mark off the waikato river bar...
snapper 35 to over 60cm about 27
what you may call sea salmon.. Kawhia 9 or 10 all over 55cm and a couple gurnard.
Crossed the bar at 1:30 pm.. back over by 4:45pm.
And the other coast is much the same over the last 3 yrs.. ave water temps in winter 2 to 3 deg warmer.

Yep climate change for sure....the why maybe debated, but the existence cant be.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

kikkegek

Post by kikkegek »

storm wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:56 pm
The picture of the burb covered in snow send chills down my spine. Downunder we are in heatwave conditions with temps ranging from 38-47 (Celsius) throughout much of the country. Looking forward to the monsoon restarting in the tropical north and sending some much needed rain to give this parched continent a bit of a drink.
hahaha.... that was like 1 day over here. we had a couple days around or just below freezing and now its back to 5-10C during day.

We actually had one of the driest and warmest summers breaking all kinds of records this year. It even got so dry that even some ships couldnt go over some rivers because they werent deep enough anymore and had to take a detour.

Im with C3H8 on the global warming. After religion and then money(loans), it is now the new modern slavery tool to increase taxes, promote certain technology or businesses. If we would all REALLY want to do something about climate, then our government could sell all their shell shares and buy solar or wind systems and reach the climate goals over night.

dont get me wrong, I am absolutely PRO sustainable energy, but not how its promoted and enforced currently. I think we should all have focus for a cleaner future with no or at least minimal dependance on other big countrys like Middle east, Russia or America for our demand of fossile fuel.

But what our country currently is doing is wrong...they raise tax on natural gas and the general people pay for it. The big polluters all most pay no tax and have the lowest fossile fuel prices and I think that is wrong. the polluter should pay in my opinion. that would absolutely create the shift in the sustainable energy business we need....

but.........I dont envy you and the 38-47C temperatures yore having...I hope for you it will get colder soon...
storage/project: 1974 GMC 25HUNDRED Suburban - fresh rebuild 350 small block - TH350-NP203 - 4.10 gears - IMPCO425 mixer
driver/project: 1977 GMC C15 Suburban - 454 big block - 4L80E- LPG VSI - 3.08 gears
sold: 1986 Chevrolet Suburban K20 Silverado

storm

Post by storm »

Sounds glorious Steptoe.

I live in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales. It has been throughout recorded history (>200 years) been prime wine production region and climate. In the last 10 years it has changed noticably. The Vignerons here are purchasing land in Tasmania and slowly developing it. The southernmost location in the Hunter starts at 32 degrees latitude, the northermost point in Tasmania is south of 40 degrees latitude and the southern most just above 44 degrees south latitude. The minimum distance in a straight line between the 2 areas using latitude is approximately 900 kms and as much as 1300 kms. In 10 years the climate of Tasmania has changed enough to be a favourable spot for growing the same vines that currently grow a minimum of 900 kms north. Australia, as you are aware, is a huge place and for the climate to change that much from half way up to the very south of it is a phenomenal thing. The only other times changes as big occurred was when the ice ages waxed and waned and that took, so science tells us, thousands of years.

Sorry for the off topic.

storm

Post by storm »

kikkegek wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:11 am
but.........I dont envy you and the 38-47C temperatures yore having...I hope for you it will get colder soon...
Winter will be here in 5 months lol.

I agree the politics of climate change is all wrong. I had a big reply typed up but got rid of it to limit my part of the thread hijack.