AEB wolf-n HEI wiring

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
Buzz

AEB wolf-n HEI wiring

Post by Buzz »

Hello guys
Finally got myself an AEB Wolf-n processor. Does anyone know how to connect it to a Chevy HEI ignition?
Thanks in advance

C3H8

Re: AEB wolf-n HEI wiring

Post by C3H8 »

http://www.aeb.it/Products/Products/ProdID/26

Look here. Multi language instructions in a PDF file.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Thanks. I know where the + and tach are located on the HEI, but the other 3 wires?

storm

Post by storm »

What exactly are you wanting to connect? My memory is fading but I thought US GM HEI only required 2 external connections. Bat + and Coil - (Tach) if you want to convert to programmable ignition you'll need to post up a wiring diagram of the internal connections as well.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I found this link. https://manualzz.com/doc/7542083/techni ... rk-advance
Page 15 is interesting but I don"t understand. As I said I know where to find the + and tach connector on the HEI. There are 3 other wires on the HEI that go from the housing (module) to the distributor cap. I guess I have to connect 1 or 2 or 3 of them to the aeb wolf-n but I don't have any idea which ones to pick.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

And I understand that one wire has to go to the gas/propane selector. It will be 12v+ in my case.

storm

Post by storm »

OK the instructions in the link seem pretty clear to me

1) SPARK ADVANCE CONNECTION LED (led ON, spark advance connected)
2) Micro switches for adjusting: quantity of cylinders, spark advance degrees and spark advance cut - off when idling
or decelerating.
3) RED WIRE to be connected to the + 12 V under key (+ 15) of the ignition coil (11) Contact (+ 15) of coil (11) is connected by means of wire (10) to the ignition key (8) and from this latter to the positive side of the battery (9) in order to have power supply only with instrument panel switched on.
4) BLUE WIRE to be connected to the BLU GAS outlet wire.
5) YELLOW - GREEN WIRE to be connected to GROUND.
6) BROWN WIRE (Variator output signal) to be connected to the negative wire (13) of the coil (11)
7) BLACK WIRE (Variator input signal) to be connected to the wire (14) coming out from the ignition module (15)
11) Ignition coil connected to the distributor (12) by means of the high voltage wire.
16) Main connector (white colour)
17) Emergency connector (red colour)

So by this you need 2 wires to coil + the 1st is already there from manufacture and the second (Red wire) you need to add.
At the moment I don't understand the function of the blue wire but I suspect it has something to do with the lockoffs. C3H8, Frank, or Franz maybe able to clarify this.
Yellow wire to ground (Bat - or a Body Earth)
Brown wire to coil - (so you are going to have 2 wires at the coil - 1 being tach the other being the brown wire from the module).
Black wire to ignition module (inside the HEI). This is where things get difficult and why I asked you to supply a wiring diagram of the internal connections of the HEI. There are 4 wires from memory on the HEI module and if you put it on the wrong one it wont work at best or will kill it at worst.
Wires 6 & 7 are the ones you must be careful with. if I were you I'd be contacting the manufacturer of the timing computer and ask them what connection on the HEI the Black wire goes to.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Thanks Storm for this information. I want to be shure to make the right connections before starting . I will try to get info from AEB.

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

As for the blue wire. These are the same on dual curve units and AEB as far as I know. The blue wire is usually the wire used to signal the box on whether you are running on propane or petrol. 12 volts to the wire means propane. No voltage means gas. Although my italian sucks I'm pretty sure that is exactly what the diagram in the instructions indicate for the blue wire. It can be attached to the dash switch or attached to the propane lockoff so when the lockoff is energized the box will know it is on propane.

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

OK. I used a translator program on the internet and translated the blue wire directions. The blue wire attached to the LPG wire coming from the switch. This would indicate 12 volts on the propane lockoff would signal the box to go to LPG timing.