Vff30 with ohg vacuum hookup

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
dayzedandkonfuzed

Re: Vff30 with ohg vacuum hookup

Post by dayzedandkonfuzed »

storm wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:02 pm
0.85 lambda is approximately 13-1 why are you running so rich "in all other conditions"?

You certainly do need to richen up at WOT but I wouldn't be ignoring you over rich condition at other loads.
First of all, I calculated that wrong, and am running closer to .88 or 13.7:1. I thought that is where best performance is achieved, but now that you have me doubting myself, I see a thread where Franz posted its best on an N/A car to be running as close to stoich as possible, which I was when I had the problematic Model E on it. Now I'm even more confused as to what is going on. I'm not sure how I'd lean out this OHG that far...

I need a tutor.

storm

Post by storm »

dayzedandkonfuzed wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:01 pm
First of all, I calculated that wrong, and am running closer to .88 or 13.7:1. I thought that is where best performance is achieved, but now that you have me doubting myself,
Best performance is achieved at wide open throttle not while cruising or idling. If you have a vacuum gauge I wouldn't be thinking about "best performance until the vacuum gauge got down to 4 to 6 inches at the highest, I personally wouldn't worry about it until 3 inches on the vacuum gauge.
dayzedandkonfuzed wrote:
I see a thread where Franz posted its best on an N/A car to be running as close to stoich as possible, which I was when I had the problematic Model E on it. Now I'm even more confused as to what is going on. I'm not sure how I'd lean out this OHG that far...
I'm not all that knowledgeable on OHG mixers I received my first one yesterday and am yet to have a good look at it. However stoic is 15.5 for LPG and I'd be trying to get as close to that as possible for idling and cruise up to the above mentioned vacuum depression measurements. After approximately 4 inches down to 0 inches (which is atmospheric) I be targeting 0.90 lambda at wide open throttle.
dayzedandkonfuzed wrote:
I need a tutor.
Most of us are very willing to help where we can.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

dayzedandkonfuzed

Post by dayzedandkonfuzed »

storm wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:30 am
Best performance is achieved at wide open throttle not while cruising or idling. If you have a vacuum gauge I wouldn't be thinking about "best performance until the vacuum gauge got down to 4 to 6 inches at the highest, I personally wouldn't worry about it until 3 inches on the vacuum gauge.
Yeah.... As soon as I read your previous post I felt pretty stupid about that, makes perfect sense that 'best performance' is not applied to cruising. I need to set a day aside to go over the timing on this first, I seem to recall not being super happy with the numbers I had before I parked it, but that's where it seemed to run best. Likely had a lot to do with my fuel problems.

Tom68

Post by Tom68 »

dayzedandkonfuzed wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:57 pm
, makes perfect sense that 'best performance' is not applied to cruising. I need to set a day aside to go over the timing on this first, I seem to recall not being super happy with the numbers I had before I parked it, but that's where it seemed to run best. Likely had a lot to do with my fuel problems.
Best cruising performance is a thing, it's about efficiency, temperature generated, fuel used, spark plug maintaining cleaning temperature etc.

Meaning of performance in English

performance noun (ACTIVITY)
how well a person, machine, etc. does a piece of work or an activity: