Newbie with dual fuel headache

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
rayday

Newbie with dual fuel headache

Post by rayday »

Hello all,
I have an ex-fleet p30 chassis step van with dual curve pn#2549. the problem is it will not switch back to gas if I unpower the blue wire but it will keep running on propane. Even if it unplug the controller completely. it is hard to find propane here and it is expensive compared to gas.

Does anyone have any experience with this dual curve #5924? I can find no tech line or wiring diagram and im about to rip all the propane stuff out and put it all back to factory.

rayday

Re: Newbie with dual fuel headache

Post by rayday »

ok I figured it out it runs on gas now!!! The bread company had cut wires at fuel tank. and wow it is night and day way more power on gas. is that normal?

C3H8

Re: Newbie with dual fuel headache

Post by C3H8 »

I have instructions for the 5924 if you want to PM me. I can send them to you through your private email. The power??? Sometimes it is more noticable. I am presuming the P30 has the 5.7 GM engine. Sounds like you have the SFI setup. The HP at wide open throttle when tested is almost identical. The key difference can be quite noticeable off the line. GM had very aggressive throttle tip in on these vehicles on gasoline. This gave the impression of way more power, however raced side by side the gasoline would jump ahead by about one car/truck length and from that point on the acceleration was almost identical. This aggressive tip in at idle was impressive but from 10 kph on the power is pretty well the same. I once had to prove this to some very stubborn mining employees by actually taking a converted 1/2 ton and doing a drag race against an identical truck prior to converting it. The race took place climbing an 8% sloped hill about 1/2 KM long. At the end of the climb the gasoline truck was 20 feet ahead of the propane truck all of which was gained in the first 50 feet. The mid range power was actually better on the propane truck but it lost a few feet at the very end again.