Sad to see it go!

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
franz

Sad to see it go!

Post by franz »

As some of you know, we live in Central Texas, where all the recent heavy rains and flooding have taken place. We were relatively unaffected by the floods, but the rain was another story. My store room was flooded and many items I have from surplus and acquisition over my career were severely water damaged. This includes carburetor mixers, electronics, reducer converters, fittings, etc. I would guess that close to 75% of what I have was affected in one way or another.

I made one load to the metal recycle center and expect to make another soon. I have been trying to salvage what I can but at this time, I really have had to put a brake on what I would like to keep. I just dont have the room any more and the desire to simply "keep everything" no longer works.

I may be posting a few things I have remaining for sale, but it depends on what I have left.

Its really sad to see many of these things go, they have been a part of my life for many, many, decades!

Franz

Steptoe

Re: Sad to see it go!

Post by Steptoe »

We have been having full coverage for some time now on texas flooding/ rains almost every news service has been reporting daily....
And the opposite of the lack of in Ca...and the tornadoes in the mid west.
This climate change thing is getting serious now...espec with population growth and building in places that would never have been considered 50/ 75 yrs....and then building on pads rather than piles..
We are having extremes here to from droughts to floods. last few days we have had a lot of flooding here to, and even thu we are 32m above sea level, at the top of a plateau, and only couple miles from the coast in all directions...have had spoutings that cant take the run off, garage flooded out...with those be low us far more seriously effected...and these storms have been from one end NZ to the other at the same time...
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

storm

Post by storm »

Franz I hope you are able to salvage things. If you do and you list them I'd be interested in purchasing some of the hard to get (in Australia) items from you such as OHG (or copies) mixers.

[Off topic]We can't blame all weather phenomena on "climate change". Global climate patters are cyclical. It was announced 2 weeks ago that El Nino is now in force and if you look at the patterns of this in the records it was going to happen sooner or later. The Great Southern Ocean is pretty wild at the moment and this happens with monotonous regularity as well, infact Australia usually rescues lone Round the World sailors (trying to break a record) quite often in these cycles. Japan also limits its whaling fleets during such cycles and consideering they have said they are going to restart whaling in the Southern Ocean (even though they have been banned from doing so) it will be very interesting to see how many they send if they do restart.

In the Northern Hemisphere the Gulf Stream (runs from the Caribbean to Norway and everything nearby gets affected, is going through a cycle as well. Notice Europe is hotter and drier than "normal" so the opposite is the area near where the Gulf Stream starts is going to be wetter and colder. You find that if one Ocean is warm the other is cold, or one side of an ocean is warm the other is cold. So the eastern side of the Southern Pacific is warm plenty of evaporation and South America's western side will get a drenching, On the other side of the equator the western side of the mainland US will be dry and likewise the eastern seaboard of Australia should start to dry up but the eastern side of Asia will get wetter (How many Typhoons has eastern Asia and the western North Pacific had recently?). This is cyclical and even though written records do not show such extremes in some locations the archeaological record does. The trick is knowing what is "climate change" and what is regular climate cycles.[/Off topic]
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

franz

Post by franz »

I'm going back over to the storeroom tomorrow and triage what I have left. I'll box up what is obviously good and saleable, separate the questionable items, and trash anything that was wet. If anything is worth using, I will post in a couple of weeks. As for any OHG mixers, its been a LONG time since I saw any new mixers and any that are used is barely worthy mentioning. I dont think they are in production anywhere.

Franz

BigBlockMopar

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Sorry to hear and see all this devastation in your parts.
But why would you trash anything that's just become wet? This isn't salt water flooding is it?
https://www.bigblockmopar.com
'73 Dodge Dart - 360ci - 11.3:1cr
MegaSquirt + HEI 7-pin timing control - Edelbrock AirGap - Cold Air Intake
IMPCO E / 425 mixer - A518 OD-trans - 3.55 gears - 225/50/17" tires.

franz

Post by franz »

The raw aluminum and zinc castings on the mixer and vaporizer bodies oxidizes fast. If I had a walnut shell tumbler I MIGHT be able to salvage some of them but thats more work than I have time for with little in return.

Franz

franz

Post by franz »

A few parts are usable, here is a brief listing. MUCH more to come.

I have two vaporizer temperature controller kits, originally manufactured by MSD-Autotronics. It contains a thermal sensor, vacuum solenoid, and a vacuum operated water valve which plumbs into the vaporizer return hose. One kit is new and unused, the other is my validated test unit that has about 6 months of running time but still fully functional. I'll take $75.00 USD for the new one and $50 for the used one, plus applicable shipping.

I also have a couple of NEW Woodward Controls Impco clone vaporizers, the "E" series and the 420, which is a copy of the OHG X-1. These are $175.00 each plus shipping. I have more of these still in unopened boxes that were not water saturated.

I also have a couple of Woodward forklift "55" mixer body center sections, you use your own base and top part, for $50.00 plus shipping, and a couple of "100" mixers, without the throttles, for $75.00 each.

All the electronics were ruined with the exception of one new Autotronics 5924 control unit for GM 1996-2002 OBD-II. I also have two Technocarb readout tools, one large one and one smaller unit. The smaller unit has an LED burned out but still functional. I'll take $75.00 each or $125.00 for both, plus shipping.

I can send photos on request, PM me with your email address.

More parts to come but ask if you are interested in anything.

This will be cross posted in the parts for sale section, plus I think they might also be placed on the Forum website, pending in progress.

Franz