after impco 425 hose connections....

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
krawczuk

after impco 425 hose connections....

Post by krawczuk »

hi, any body know where the hose connections go on a impco 425 , theres about 3 hose barbs.? ( i forgot to mark `em)....

thanks mark k

C3H8

Re: after impco 425 hose connections....

Post by C3H8 »

:? . That's about one of the most undetailed questions we have had in a long time. Please take the time to add a few details to the question.

What's the vehicle and engine. Year, model, engine?
What are you suing for the rest of the propane equipment and is it straight propane or dual fuel?

While you gather that the typical hoses on a w25 include the 1" vapour supply line. Can't mix up that one.
Several 1/4" vacuum hoses that include vacuum lockoff, possible EC1 cover, primer and a vacuum switch on dual fuel vehicles. There is a possibility of vacuum to the distributor also.

More info. Better answer.

krawczuk

Post by krawczuk »

C3H8 wrote::? . That's about one of the most undetailed questions we have had in a long time. Please take the time to add a few details to the question.

What's the vehicle and engine. Year, model, engine?
What are you suing for the rest of the propane equipment and is it straight propane or dual fuel?

While you gather that the typical hoses on a w25 include the 1" vapour supply line. Can't mix up that one.
Several 1/4" vacuum hoses that include vacuum lockoff, possible EC1 cover, primer and a vacuum switch on dual fuel vehicles. There is a possibility of vacuum to the distributor also.

More info. Better answer.
hi, year , make and model , and engine is immaterial , 425 on a dual fuel ?? 425 is a straight lpg, cant be used on dual fuel.

mk

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

C3H8 was asking for more information so that you get the best advice and he is a world-wide authority on LPG systems. Although the Model 425 mixer is commonly used on straight conversions, it is straightforward to use it in a dual fuel system.

krawczuk

Post by krawczuk »

Frank wrote:C3H8 was asking for more information so that you get the best advice and he is a world-wide authority on LPG systems. Although the Model 425 mixer is commonly used on straight conversions, it is straightforward to use it in a dual fuel system.
hi, cant understand how if the 425 is bolted straight to the manifold where the petrol carby went , how can you still have dual fuel. ?

all i wanted to know was where the connections go from the 425 to the engine etc....
mk

storm

Post by storm »

krawczuk wrote:hi, cant understand how if the 425 is bolted straight to the manifold where the petrol carby went , how can you still have dual fuel. ?
The 425 bolts to a holley base plate which then bolts to the manifold. If you don't use a holley base plate and use a different attachment you can use (for example) a Rochestor Quadrajet (intact) for Petrol, and using an appropriate adaptor use the 425 without a base plate (cause you've retained the Quadrajet) for LPG. You can also attach a 425 to EFI engines and use the OEM throttle body.
krawczuk wrote:all i wanted to know was where the connections go from the 425 to the engine etc....
mk
That may be the case but all that has been asked of you is that you supply relevant information so you can get an appropriate answer for your vehicle.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

So, you can't do a dual fuel with a 425? I guess I should get out of the business. From 1986 on we did thousands of conversions with 425's as dual fuel. I never knew they didn't work. None of the thousands ever reported that fact to me.

Look the question was not frivolous. In the 80's most, not all, conversions with 425's were done as straight propane and used a vacuum lock off. They had an electric primer that also used vacuum to prime the system. By the late 80's V8 fuel injected vehicles were frequently done with a 300 mixer or a 425. These used electric lock offs and vacuum feedback systems were used in some cases. Vacuum was required in some cases to lift the 425 gas valve out of the way for the best operation on gasoline. Vacuum was required also in some systems, operated by a solenoid for various functions. It was very common to do Ford fuel injected engines as dual fuel with 425. If you had answered the original question you would have an accurate answer already. Judging by your reluctance to provide the info you have mentioned the 425 is mounted directly to the intake so I expect you have an early 80's Chev or Ford. This also likely means you have a vacuum operated VFF30 lock off and an SV electric primer which requires a vacuum connection although you may also have a VPV for priming. All guesses as you haven't provided any of that information.

Rather the guess I and others would like to know some details. If you don't want to tell us the engine, etc. at least tell us this.

Vacuum lock off or electric?
Electric/vacuum primer or Vacuum power valve (VPV)?
Are these the only vacuum lines you are asking about?

Were not clairvoyants or have ESP.

If you don't want to answer don't expect any accurate advise.

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

Red herrings
the problem is u do not know where hoses go.. therefore u dont have a good knowledge of the system
So u ask where they go
Type engine has different requirements espec if a modern or old engine of a particular type
Do u have a EC1 converter?
And as mentioned is it duel fuel.. well apparently not

These guys are top guys from all around the world Canada , USA Europe Oceania...often contracted to IMPCO
I suggest that instead of getting anti, answer the simple questions and stop wasting there time

Basically Im straight up from saying what they would like to...
you want expert help, help the3m to give it to and stop wasting their bloody time
I cant rem anyone getting so anti over nothing

If this call a spade a spade post up sets u, then u really didnt want to know where those hoses go..
now try again.. we will all star5t over from scratch
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

jono

Post by jono »

I can confirm also that the 425 can be done as a duel fuel with carby using the A2-40 adaptor that sits atop the four barrel gasoline carburettor with the 425 hanging off to one side. I don't know , however where any hoses go apart from the vapour inlet.