help with Holland type gas tank

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
rack

help with Holland type gas tank

Post by rack » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,
It has been long since my last questions here.

I have new toy, :D , 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Supercharged dual fuel setup.
The conversion has been made in UK, BRC LPG system, with, as far as I know, Holland type tank and filler.
The car came with full LPG tank. There was bad relay which prevented car to run on LPG.
After I change the relay everything start running and car performed very nice on LPG, actually I cannot feel the difference running petrol or LPG.

And here came the big problem. Here, in Bulgaria, we use Italian type filers. I got filler adapter, but filling is imposable, I got less then a litter for 5 minutes :(
I suspect some problem with tank or filler valve.
Can some of Dutch guys here shade some light on what is in the tank and filler and where should I look for eventual problems.
Thanks a lot for the help,
Ivo

Steptoe

Re: help with Holland type gas tank

Post by Steptoe » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm

1st tray a different filling station... in the near 40 yrs have been running lpg ?I have come across the odd filing station that fills real slow.. and this is generally because the by pass valve on the pumps under the storage tank have been adjusted wrong or are faulty.

The other issue could be the excess flow valve built into your tank has got stuck....
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

rack

Post by rack » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Steptoe,
Thanks for reply.
Today the car got filled without any issue.
May be it was very hot tank, bad pump or whatever...
:D

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Hint.. I dont know how your lpg auro pumps work over there, but (I think) because we dont have huge extremes of temps in most places here... if u fill up on colder mornings , espec if the supply tank is in the shade, u get a bit more than if filling up on a hot afternoon, supply tank in full sum most of the day.

Where I fill 99% of the time for the last 30 odd yrs, there is a tree that shades the supply tank till just before mid day....and yes I get better mileage from a colder tank. Difference being between 15mpg to 17 mpg, taking into account if open road or sitting at intersections around town.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'