IMPCO 100 screws? pic inside

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
jono

IMPCO 100 screws? pic inside

Post by jono »

Better to post up pic first, so I don't forgt :)

The screws in the side body of this IMPCO 100 mixer indicated by arrows and text.

What is their intended purpose ?

What have they been used for ?

The mixer has a balance port.
My other * cough EDIT 125 not 100 :( has a brass nipple tube plugged off, that was likely in use with a dual fuel operation , another question is where did the vacuum tube go if so ?

Possibly primer squirt ? There are three of these screws around the body, is this just for ease of fitment ?

I used two to bracket the mixer in place on one job.

Thanks for answrs when they come up :)
Last edited by jono on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bumpstart

Re: IMPCO 100 screws? pic inside

Post by bumpstart »

impco sell little brass nipples that thread in here so they can be used to provide a vac signal for the older feedback correction solenoid on the vapouriser
or .. as you surmise.. for a point for the VPV or other power valve solenoid or cold start solenoid to feed to
when the going is hard, don't retard, remember your lubrication

jono

Post by jono »

I've hooked up a primer using a fuel cut solenoid valve , from the primary test port and porting it into the brass nipple screwed into one of these same access holes on the 100 . Dropped the thing first though, took some time to find it, yet when I did I gave it a good old wire wheeling, buffing and then some purple polish so if I dropped it again it would be easier to find. Second time lucky with this unique thread nipple. Will see how starting goes next time I look at this project

bumpstart

Post by bumpstart »

yeh, i have a similar starting primer made up with a HP solenoid from the LP part of the converter rigged to a switch on the dash
( mine is routed to my adapter between mixer and TB though )

i used a mig jet drilled to about 2.5mm in the line as a pill and i have my haltech ecu switching the same solenoid open as i go into boost as a power valve
( others could use a pressure or throttle switch )

however , with all these bypasses,, you must be sure that you take the power that feeds the new solenoid from your original shut off solenoids
( fed from the LPG safety switch box )

and use earth switching to swing the solenoid or its control relay

thus it is double switched.. and will fail shut regardless when the safety switch times out
when the going is hard, don't retard, remember your lubrication

jono

Post by jono »

that is a sensible suggestion for power supply, and earth switching - like all ECU controlled stuff is clever idea. That is not something written into our standard, probably should be ? Was intending to just power up via the lighter socket to ensure the primer solves the start issue before any further hook-up. In 24 years never had to hook up a primer circuit and never asked a 100 series to suck from an L converter either :)