new guy needs help

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
jono

Re: new guy needs help

Post by jono »

Can I encourage you to go do the AUVIS course ? - NSW needs more guys like you that know your stuff and know how to access the relevant information. The $3000 bond has been scrapped and the 'blue' opens up the workscope immen$ely depending on the locale.

Sorry for any confusion on pounds and kilos - OP used pounds for courtesy of the US members I suspect. Kilograms are the unit of measure provided on the Australian government dept data sheets. Confusuion needs to be considered when using weight measure and to what they are to be applied to. Confusion above seemed to be two measures were quoted - GVM and tare weight and which rules refer to which measure. Confuse the two and their requirements when interpreting the various rules and bulletins, can send anyone off on the wrong tangent.

Gotta give Greg reds150 credit for doing his homework and consulting the correct people !

storm

Re: new guy needs help

Post by storm »

jono wrote:Can I encourage you to go do the AUVIS course ? - NSW needs more guys like you that know your stuff and know how to access the relevant information. The $3000 bond has been scrapped and the 'blue' opens up the workscope immen$ely depending on the locale.
I would consider it if I could just do rego-safety/blue slip checks etc. The only way I would go back full time into the auto trade is if I didn't have to do repairs, regular mechanic work is beyond what my body is able to cope with now. I'll check out what's involved later today.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456