a blast from the past....

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
jono

a blast from the past....

Post by jono »

a forum that did not survive, but had a lot of photos, a lot of performance stuff, some quite daring

a snippet of what it looked like

http://web.archive.org/web/200811031550 ... celpg.com/

the LPG part of the logo is the red diamond we must affix to our number/licence plates to alert rescue workers.

1" x 1"
also used to be some rather heated exchanges

storm

Re: a blast from the past....

Post by storm »

I was excited when you posted that and I went to take a look. Unfortunately they only cached one layer (level) in and you can't actually get into any of the topics.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

jono

Post by jono »

that is what I thought I was linking, just a screen dump of what it looked like, but when I clicked on the link from here it let me go in and do some searching, found almost all I wanted - it's there, dunno why it did not let you in ??

try again?
I would not normally have linked in to another site like that, thought it was a fixed image, but let me wander through like an old closed government building :D

I wonder if you need to go to the waybackmachine archival search engine and search the site first, to get it to lay a cookie or something on your PC ?

Just been in again, just read a notice Jim and Cambo taking ovr the site management from stradlater and to watch for more to come ..... or vanish to archives

Remember 400HPONGAS ?? he got things discussed a little more excitedly, not ethe boosted emphasis claimed ...

"As you stated, this is a forum, hence the information contained here-in is provided by the members. It just so happens that at this time the majority of the POSTING members happen to own forced induction setups, myself included, these setups just so happen to utilise one of the main benefits of LPG being its high octane rating which more than makes up for its lower calorific output when you are jamming it down the engines throat.

We are not targeting a forced induction only audience, they just seem to be the only people that are willing to post rather than just read. If the owners of tough NA setups wish to offer some information, they are free to do so and we are all more than willing to listen and learn as this is what it is all about. So please post, post, post any information that you may have regarding high performance NA LPG applications.

Jim & Cambo
Site Owners."

Try this link then ....

http://web.archive.org/web/200811031550 ... celpg.com/

if it is any different, control your xcitement, I've not found any boosted roatary stuff yet - found Sheels green Isuzu Gemini though :)

Sorry, that is the same, lets me in and not as a new window as expected ? takes me back and forth to here on the back forward arrows of windows ....

Imperial73

Post by Imperial73 »

storm wrote:Unfortunately they only cached one layer (level) in and you can't actually get into any of the topics.
I had the same issue. Try opening the link in a new tab or new window, worked for me :)

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

That web site rings a bell from several years back....
From memory it did not have a lot of information....nore the quality of support of what is in these forums...
Which is why Im here and was not there.
And why it is now 'history'
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

storm

Post by storm »

Imperial73 wrote:
storm wrote:Unfortunately they only cached one layer (level) in and you can't actually get into any of the topics.
I had the same issue. Try opening the link in a new tab or new window, worked for me :)
I just gave your suggestion a try and still the same :(
Steptoe wrote:That web site rings a bell from several years back....
From memory it did not have a lot of information....nore the quality of support of what is in these forums...
Which is why Im here and was not there.
And why it is now 'history'
There are 2 morals to this story:
1. Don't judge something you were never a part of for its quality.
2. If you look at this through a prism (which turns everything upside down) the fault of that site no longer being around could be put squarely on those who did not participate. If they did participate the site may have been of better "quality" and therefore still be around.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456