fuel cost and hasle?

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
turbo matt

fuel cost and hasle?

Post by turbo matt »

i am just wondering what everyone is paying for lpg? also i have never ran into anyone that wanted to charge me road tax on my lpg purchase into my truck untill the other day. it was at suburban propane, the guy was very proud of his job and instantly noticed that the truck ran off lpg. the price was 2.25$ a gallon then some other 30~cents on top of that for tax. no way!! :evil: i told him that was crazy and that i would fill up right down the road where they dont care at the gas station. so i putted down there and filled up for 1.95$ a gallon. :D anybody ever ran into something like this?????

oh and by the way, at suburban propane they have several lpg trucks to drive around. what are the chances they pay road tax on them?

86Chevy

Post by 86Chevy »

I pay 1.49 at the local flying J, freeway propane who is a big delivery service here runs all their trucks on propane and for on highway use they say that there is actually a discount, they will give me 15 cents off plus an additional 10 cents off since they dont have to deliver it, but it still ends up being more than the flying j price. Your situation sounds ridiculous.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

A $1.49/gallon is a pretty good price. I noticed the Pioneer station on Centennial Road near Mudd St in Hamilton is selling propane for 49.9¢/litre (~US$1.61/gal @ 1.17 exch.) while the PetroCanada station in Fort Erie is selling it for 59.9¢/litre (~US$1.94/gal). It really pays to keep an eye out for the best fuel prices.

sleepybu

Post by sleepybu »

Here in south westen BC lpg just went up again, up 5 cents at the ent of summer up another 5 cents a few weeks ago to 69.9 :evil: My winter car runs on reg gas and it's down to 85.9 :?

michael

Post by michael »

get a cardlock from Superior or Autogas to save a few cents

sleepybu

Post by sleepybu »

michael wrote:get a cardlock from Superior or Autogas to save a few cents
i'm going to get a Superior cardlock in the spring cuz they got way more station :D

86Chevy

Post by 86Chevy »

Cardlock? :?

Melvin

Post by Melvin »

A cardlock is a totally self serve gas or LPG station (no attendant on site) that you can access with a special credit card issued by the fuel company. It's a handy thing as many places only have propane service from 8-5 or 8AM-11PM and with the cardlock you can fill up 24hrs per day.

Plus you usually get a discount equal to what a service station would make selling you the fuel.

And you don't have to worry about a barely trained monkey not filling your truck up properly or leaving the filler cap off.

86Chevy

Post by 86Chevy »

wow down here they wouldn't let me fill my own rig if I paid them

michael

Post by michael »

I dont think I get that good a discount.
bill arrived yesertday with new pricing
60.2 plus taxes!!

sleepybu

Post by sleepybu »

michael wrote:I dont think I get that good a discount.
bill arrived yesertday with new pricing
60.2 plus taxes!!
hopefully it'll go down in the spring when demand gose south :?

C3H8

Alberta

Post by C3H8 »

Price in Alberta is 53.9 to 64.9 a litre.

sleepybu

Re: Alberta

Post by sleepybu »

C3H8 wrote:Price in Alberta is 53.9 to 64.9 a litre.
lucky bumm :P

C3H8

Pricing

Post by C3H8 »

Pricing should show some improvement soon actually. LPG has dropped about 4 cents per litre in the last week or two. Producer pricing is currently at 31 cents per litre vs 35 a couple of weeks ago. At the momemt the trend is downwards. In Alberta you have to add supplier delivery and mark up, road tax, dealer profit + GST. Average formula 31 + 6 + 2.59 + (6 to 10) + gst = 52 to 56 cents per litre . Its not a huge profit for the average dealer. Selling 4000 ltrs per month would only give them a gross profit of $240 to $400 based on these numbers. Pricing tends to show downward trends in the summer, spikes in early winter with a period of stability and then a sharp increase in Jan and Feb depending on the northern US winter temperatures. Beginning in March the price declines steadily until the end of August. Then the process starts again.

michael

Post by michael »

I havent been burning lpg for very long, but the price has not dropped since I started.
price has been stable compared to gas but steadily rising.
69.9/litre at the pump locally, gas is around 95/litre today