testing impco mixer by mouth

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
jono

testing impco mixer by mouth

Post by jono »

OK. I think I am on the correct track in testing IMPCO mixers as far as I have done just by blowing mouth pressure into the vapour inlet - shouldn't get any air leaks out should I ??
I ask as I have been testing my brand new never used CA100 copy, it seeps mouth pressure and gives me off the scale 29.9:1 lean idle with idle mix screw in all the way. Running mixtures just a little over 16.0:1.
Cracked her open to find the outer ring on the body where diaphragm alloy ring sits (and seals ?) has a manufacturing blunder I can catch my finger nail on. Marks on two other spots makes it look like something went wrong in assembly and I copped the problem 14,000 miles away. I tried to wet and dry paper it smoother and got another four of five points off the run ratio 15.5:1 and idle now waves from 26 to 29 so reckon I found the problem.

In comparison to a working CA125 as far as the mouth pressure on the vapour inlet - no leaks.

I did have Franz's diagnostic book but lost it with so many other things with last PC :(

Experienced comment please.......

storm

Re: testing impco mixer by mouth

Post by storm »

jono wrote:I did have Franz's diagnostic book but lost it with so many other things with last PC :(

Experienced comment please.......
Put things you cannot afford to lose in Dropbox or on a flash drive, I do both. I also still have the email Franz sent me my copy on so if those two things go bung at least I still have a copy in my email account.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

franz

Post by franz »

If it will help any, I keep a list of everyone who has purchased a copy of my e-book. If yours is corrupt or missing, I will gladly resend it. If anyone does not have it, I will send it for $16.95 USD to my address at Paypal, to franz dot hofmann at gmail dot com.

jono

Post by jono »

Hope you keep back up files Franz - I'll be in touch on the ebook matter. But , now on the comments please request , I did not word things the best did I ? I really needed experienced comment on the mouth pressure testing :oops: