Steptoe

Re: BLOS carb?

Post by Steptoe »

What is the rating on the blos?
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

martynhpajero

Post by martynhpajero »

The horsepower rating is around 200hp or 150kw according to the info supplied by the ebay seller.

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

kuchen wrote:cars.

This blos unit is available from Poland for 149€ now, but please don't compare that to NZ prices, but to polish prices. You can source a complete sequential front kit including Controller, sensors, Injectors, Regulator, shut-off valve and wiring-loom for 161€ in PL.
i'd love to be get an injection setup for that price...and i could too....i just can't install it here because the govt agency in charge of LPG regs won't certify any systems that they haven't had tested to see if they comply with the local standards

i do hear what your saying though
petrol hedonist by nature... LPG cheapskate by necessity

kuchen

Post by kuchen »

And they tested and certified a Blos mixer ? Can't believe that part :)

Post by 131 »

kuchen wrote:And they tested and certified a Blos mixer ? Can't believe that part :)
No, not in OZ anyway, but they have little control over what small components people may bring in. I could fit a Blos to my car, but it wouldn't be legal. Everything must be fitted by a certified automotive LPG installer.
Cheers,

Mick.

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

kuchen wrote:And they tested and certified a Blos mixer ? Can't believe that part :)
no they haven't...because the under NZ regulations they don't need to test any part of the gas system that is under vacuum...as in anything between the regulator and the engine....considering how anal they are about certed parts for the rest of the system it is really an odd anomaly.....however i'm not going to complain

kuchen

Post by kuchen »

Unhippy wrote:...because the under NZ regulations they don't need to test any part of the gas system that is under vacuum...
Seems the Kiwis just copied the european ECE R-67, which includes the same anomaly :)

Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

kuchen wrote:
Unhippy wrote:...because the under NZ regulations they don't need to test any part of the gas system that is under vacuum...
Seems the Kiwis just copied the european ECE R-67, which includes the same anomaly :)
But is this not a positive pressure mixer?(carb)?
Something about this thing piques my curiosity.

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

i have it on a mixer that has a positive pressure idle...however my regulator is a turbo version (with a compensation port)...the normal NA regulator doesn't have a positive idle pressure...

and i'm not going to tell them its got a positive idle :D

franz

Post by franz »

Even though the regulator-vaporizer is a positive pressure idle, if you place a water column vacuum gauge between the mixerbody and the throttlebody, I suspect you would still see a vacuum. A regulator with a positive pressure idle allows a small amount of fuel to bypass the secondary diaphragm in a complex style (European type) regulator, in order to stabilize the idle. This is most helpful with a venturi mixer as it produces very little vacuum at idle, versus the air-valve type of mixer which produces a consistent vacuum at all throttle positions.

Even the Impco "P" style regulators that output a positive pressure to the mixer, rely on a vacuum from the engine to draw the fuel. There are no positive pressure mixers, they all work on the principal of a pressure drop across the mixerbody to draw the fuel into the engine.

Fuel injection systems are slightly different, however, they too are in manifold vacuum at the outlet of the injector, as manifold vacuum is present in the injector adapter hose and nozzle.

Franz

Delifisek

Post by Delifisek »

I believe, blos or other type variable mixers are better than injections even that sequential systems in practical manner.

Why ?

Because that sequential systems does not fit directly into your system. You have put another piggyback ecu on your car and things goingto more complex. Adding carb style lpg system is very easy even you can do it by your self and installing sequental type system needs more work.

Also that squental injections are sensetive to fuel quality. You have to proper care for your fuel filter. One of our local LPG manufacturer was created new enhanced lpg then guess what. General manager was fired after one year later, because that enhaced LPG was sticked into injectors and brokes them and that brand was nearly destroyed. I still use them because their lpg was more powerful than others.

And tuning that squental systems are hard. You have to find the program cables follow the program updates. each system has own tuning program which very different than each other.

Carb systems are nearly universal, parts are cheap, easy to fix or replace. My personal experience, with proper tuning and variable mixers. Sequental systems does not have any chance against variable mixer + carb setup even in modern car. Difference does not companse costs and maintenance was problematic.

Sequental systems are favored because they had better profit margin than carb systems.

And about European type mixers.

This one very populer in our country, you can buy and setup at 80 us dollars. Anyway.

Number 1 is idle valve and it does not depend on vacuum. it just small bypass which controlled by that valve.

Number 2 is pressure sensetive valve. more you open, you get more gas more easly. also affects idle afr. If your mixer have some size or vacuum problem, you may fix here.

Number 3 is load / main adjustment valve. When you tune the car, you adjust here in 3.000 rpm.
Hello. I'm from Turkey. We are using metrics system (km and litre)
Also English not my native language. Thank you for understanding.