What would it take to convert a Honda CT90 to propane?

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
sgtlethargic

What would it take to convert a Honda CT90 to propane?

Post by sgtlethargic »

Is there a mixer small enough for a 90 cc engine? They're air-cooled, so what about a regulator (Is that what they're called?)? Ignition timing?

Thanks

C3H8

Re: What would it take to convert a Honda CT90 to propane?

Post by C3H8 »

There are mixers for very small engines. You don't say what this is used for but the Honda CT is only 7HP so I presume it is a generator or similar application. You don't say where you are but in the USA there are at least 2 or 3 companies that probably have a venturii style mixer for that engine. The engine would operate off vapour so tank size would be fairly important but in reality it would probably operate off a 20LB BBQ tank without any issues.

Frank
Site Admin

Re: What would it take to convert a Honda CT90 to propane?

Post by Frank »

I think sgtlethargic has CT90 motorcycle and I have my doubts that a 20lb cylinder would be the ideal tank in this application. A 5# or 10# DOT might be a better option.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CT90

I've seen some examples on the internet (can't recall where right now) where people have converted their bikes to propane and the tanks were much smaller - more like a 14.1 oz cylinder. Just checking now, I see that there are specific LPG tanks for motorcycles but these appear to be found elsewhere than North America.