Help to identify the parts in this picture.

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
storm

Help to identify the parts in this picture.

Post by storm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 am

Here's a picture from http://www.propaneracing.com/photos.html that I'm interested in the fuel tank and associated parts of this race car. Is it possible to identify what the individual parts are apart from the tank?

I see the tank, hose, pressure gauge/junction block, hose, filters, hoses to front of car. I'm interested in the junction block and filters because I've never seen them on anything else but this particular car. Filter assemblies in Australia are tiny and must be a restriction on high powered vehicles.
Attachments
trunk2.JPG
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Fuel flow requirements calculations viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1638

C3H8

Re: Help to identify the parts in this picture.

Post by C3H8 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Storm.
What an awesome car. The link was great. The underhood system is Century 100%. The carbs have the famous draglink setup common to Century carburetors for decades. Like you though I have never seen filters like this. Have you tried using the contact us box on the website. I noticed the site says he sold the car in 2016 but maybe the contact information is still valid.

storm

Post by storm » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi C3H8
I have tried contacting the site owner a couple of times with no success.To my knowledge the update that says he sold the car in 2016 is recent (last few months) and after reading the site numerous times over the years it was obvious as early as the early to mid 2000s it was updated very sporadically.

Thanks for the info on the engine bay parts. The boot (trunk) has me interested and those filters are, I think, obviously designed for high flow. Do you think the junction block might be a 1 off unit specifically for this car?
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Tom68

Post by Tom68 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:00 am

Impco filter.

storm

Post by storm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:29 am

Thanks Tom, I'll do some more research and see if I can find a part number.