Truckeez Project

Tell us what you have on the go!
truckeez

Truckeez Project

Post by truckeez »

OK the engine is the 181 Merc--its been around since 62, Was the 153 chevyII 4 cylinder and has been in continuous production til currently. It was bequithed with port injection in 2007 and they are calling it the Vortech 300 these days, That motor has the injection ports in the head just past where the intake bolts up, For some reason the forklift version is rated as 70? hp, which is less than the original "shaky Ii" from 63.
i get the 140 hp Mercruiser engines and am working on a car intake to use a carb to get going--it will also have the port bosses where they normally go pointing at the back of the valves, and the port stubs can have tube runners of 15" welded to run up to a plenum/throttlebody. The vortech 3000 head is $1300.00 and the bottom half of the intake is $375.00
My diabolical plan is the GM 749 ecm--Which makes all things seemingly possible--like adding a turbo to the pan if I wish. There are no common speed bolt ons, but there are --if you know where to look--Roller cam/lifters/rocker arms. The vision of grandur is 30 more hp with a cam and more with port injection, and this site says a little more is possible with LPG. im hoping its possible for 200hp naturally asparated. its going in a 36 fenderless GM rod truck with t5 and jag power lock rear end 355 ratio that will probably weigh 2000 wet.
There ya go.

Steptoe

Re: Truckeez Project

Post by Steptoe »

Jag rear end...are you Amercan? That a V common rod rear end swap for kiwi rods...buy a XJ6 couple 100, pull the front and rear end, brake booster, dash gauges, door handle assemblies....throw the rest away.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

truckeez

Post by truckeez »

Well its also a common hotrod rear end in USA, Im a Texafornian. a little tip about jag rear ends, most all rodders think that the only good jag rears are from 78 and earlier because of the 331 gears, and they also think that anything past 88 with the 288 is unusable because the big sedans totally switched the rear assembly from the self contained unit and the inboard brakes. however, The 88-96 xjs might be the best doner out there....

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

M8 jags are a dime a dozon in this country....our rodders have been using them since at least the late 60s...asbout the only good bits a jag has.

truckeez

Post by truckeez »

Hey steptoe, I recognise your avatar from some other site i have talked to you on in the last year--but I have pretty W I D E auto interests from early camaros to mercedes diesels to vintage GMC trucks , mabe it was the H.a.m.b. , maybe 4btswaps, team camaro?

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

Team camaro but they dont have avatars, 1st gen does....or Jowetts, in particular Bradfords.