Fantastic Forum for crazies like myself!

We want to know about you and what's new with you.
rocket5

Fantastic Forum for crazies like myself!

Post by rocket5 »

Hi all, wow I have been looking for a forum like this for years. I have already spent considerable time reading through so many interesting posts.
I have been interested in propane (LPG) for more than 20 years and it all started with a 427 BB Chevy in a 69 Chevy. With Impco equipment. Then I went supercharged etc etc.
Designed my own regulators and carbs (venturis) and now we are all getting onto injection - love it.
Our company builds the new flat aluminium propane cell. They are getting installed into OEM's vehicle and on sale early in 2012. This OEM business has certainly shaped my thinking in regards to huge safety requirements, from impact testing to fire tests in Canada and England.
Also been close to OEM engineers in regards to liquid/gaseous injection systems and hurdles they had to get over has been immensely interesting for me.
I have also been watching with interest some new equipment in the US, just in preliminary testing – punched out 980HP on a stock GM engine with 7pis of boost… incredible stuff.
I think the more time I spend on this topic the more questions are raised. I look forward to some lively conversation…. As I have a bunch of questions, and hopefully I might have an answer or two they may be helpful to some members.

Im about to start my next project, a CTS V with blown LS2 all on my favourite fuel :D

Thanks PE

Steptoe

Re: Fantastic Forum for crazies like myself!

Post by Steptoe »

I have also been watching with interest some new equipment in the US,
I assume that u are not in the US..
It helpsa to have your country in your profile...it helps when asking questions, what is legal/avalible in and how to advise, understand.
Designed my own regulators and carbs (venturis)
Sounds interesting...got pics descriptions, share?
Our company builds the new flat aluminium propane cell.
Who where? got more info?
shaped my thinking in regards to huge safety requirements, from impact testing to fire tests in Canada and England.
Supprised at Aussie not included, espec them being one of if not the leading countries at the moment in automotive LPG.
(unless u are in Aussie?? lol)
Tell us more m8
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

rocket5

Post by rocket5 »

I wrote a bunch, lost the lost!!!!
Got to run - but loading some pics
Rgds
diesel-propane (4).jpg
diesel-propane (2).jpg
09092009716.jpg

rocket5

Post by rocket5 »

Sorry been crazy busy here... To fill in some of the missing info.
I was licensed the patent technologies that Thiokol did on the jointer systems etc that could be used in a conformable tank. From here I found a large aluminium extrusion company in China (one of the largest extrusion machines in the world, 10,000 tons), and started the journey of manufacturing flat propane tanks that passed every legal requirement in the world.
They are now being produced to be part of a very exciting mono fuel OEM program for 2012 (sorry legal reasons I cant say who at this stage).

But during my journey I have seen many new programs being developed.
I drove the new Ford liquid injection system that is being released right now - very impressive.
Spent some time with the head of engineering (great bloke) who explained many of the hurdles. They certainly have a fine piece.

The new GM system, which is vapour injection, looks nice. They have pumped the engine compression to approx 11.5:1 and it runs very strong.
They are both exceeding Euro 4 in emissions and getting great fuel mileage.

I think the future is fantastic!

And then in USA I have been watching a new liquid system o0n a stock GM crate engine with a blower pump out 1000HP. should be in a car maybe for SEMA, we shall see.

I would like to start a technical topic in the forum as I have been watching tests with fuel temps etc - I find it all so interesting.

Thanks again for having this forum
Regards
Peter