H2O ?

Hydrogen, H2 Vehicle Fuel
Buzz

H2O ?

Post by Buzz »

Maybe it's time for a new forum , running on water .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOW-TO-R ... dZViewItem

alehander

Post by alehander »

In case this is a serious post, please Google "2nd law, thermodyniamics", and "hydrogen", "water"... all shall be explained. :P
Lenin zhil, Lenin zhiv, Lenin budet zhit'

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

This one ranks right up there with air-powered cars. There always seems to be small detail about thermodynamics that they fail to mention in the write-up.

darrin1999

Post by darrin1999 »

i read about those air powered cars... when i first heard about them the first thing that came to mind- hmm... must be impact wrench technology... and essentially it is, just a little more efficient design

franz

air power and energy

Post by franz »

I read a scientific proposal about an air powered car that ran on a compressed air stored at 5,000 psig. They claimed that the compressed air would provide enough power to transport the car almost 130 miles and would be recharged during coasting down hills and when braking. What they neglected to mention is that it requires just about 4 times the amount of energy to compress the air than the compressed provides in kilowatts of real power. This is way upside down!

The last time I compress Natural Gas to 5,000 psig, it took over-night with a modified PHILL compressor (about the equivalent of a moderate sized CNG cylinder with about 6 equiv gallons of fuel). I seem to remember the last 4 hours only increased the pressure about 400 psig and the tank was pretty warm from compression.

Franz