My hotrod on LPG

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.
32coupe

My hotrod on LPG

Post by 32coupe »

Hi guys
My mane is Andrew and I live in Australia, and I have been using Propane (LPG to us down here) for over twenty years and I have personaly fitted up over 100 vehicles. I first got interested for the cost savings, then for the thirst for knowledge of this alternative fuel.

I got lucky and was offered a job in a workshop fitting systems to just about anything that had wheels, now I do it for friends and the fun of it.

I have had propane on a 4x4, a ski boat and on just about anything in my shed that would normaly use gas, you could say that I am hooked.

I now have a hotrod with twin Impco 425s on a tunnel ram, and am getting quite a bit of joy out of that, this is my second hotrod with the same setup and I am doing the same for a few of my mates.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

Nice Ride!

I have only seen one hot rod on LPG and that was a 50's Chevy at the Erie County Fair in Buffalo, NY years ago.

32coupe

Post by 32coupe »

Hi Frank
LPG is quite popular down here, we can fill up in almost all of our petrol stations nationaly, we pay on average about 50c p/lt, where petrol is now $1.20 p/lt.

LPG is also very popular in hotrods, it helps with emission laws to get it registered. More people are finding how easy it is to fit.

Post by Guest »

Wow..that ride is a beaut! I wish I had thought of converting my Chevelle to propane before I got rid of her... :cry:

Mugen

Post by Mugen »

Anonymous wrote:Wow..that ride is a beaut! I wish I had thought of converting my Chevelle to propane before I got rid of her... :cry:
btw: this was me...^^^
Death to all who oppose me, for I am power made flesh..come, face me and see how weak you truly are...

Post by Guest »

How cool is that !
Hey I wanna convert my 76 coupe de ville.... any advice ?
tim@timhinkley.com

Eskimo

Post by Eskimo »

Kick-ass! And, the FJ60/62 in the background is nice too ;)
"the FJ" - 1970 Toyota FJ-305 rock crawler - Chevy 305, now running on BBQ juice.. http://www.rnrfab.com/rich/05build

"FJ Hauler" - 1998 Dodge Ram Cummins 3500, B20 fueled, 300hp/700tq at the wheels..