WANTED MM X-450 and X-1

KILLERB468

WANTED MM X-450 and X-1

Post by KILLERB468 »

I need these to complete my dual quad set up, any info is great. I also have and older ohg 450 and impco vaporizer if someone wants to trade and I will add some cash. The older stuff came off of "paytoee's" rig it works well, I just want a matching set.

Steptoe

Re: WANTED MM X-450 and X-1

Post by Steptoe »

any info is great.
the search button above is a great tool...usually get a lot of hits now there is so much info in these forums now...but even reading thru stuff that is not really exactly what you immediately are after, "Hmmm thats intersting, will slot that away into the memory banks if I ever need to look that up again"

An example is I know somewhere there are the stock out of the box power valve setting for impco 450 in a post.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

KILLERB468

Post by KILLERB468 »

Steptoe I did do a search...and the "any info would be great" would be leading me to the trade and or sale of the produts I am needing. Thanks any ways

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

Franz and some of the other guys in Nth America will post up some stuff.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

franz

Post by franz »

I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

The X-450 is out of production. OHG's successor, MM (Marilyn Miller) ceased production about 5 years ago. They manufactured the mixers for Woodward which became Streamline, then off to another company. As of right now, to the best of my knowledge, there are no new X-450's being made, anywhere. There MIGHT be a few new ones laying around in boxes but we wouldn't have any knowledge of who that might be. While under Woodward/Streamline, they were called the "475".

There are rumors that several companies are going to reproduce the X-450 but as of yet, nothing has materialized. I will with-hold any judgement on them until I get my hands on one and check for quality of production.

As for the X-1, there are quite a few clone models being produced, the most notable is NOLFF and PNG (same company). They are identical units to the X-1 and are called the H420.

Franz

storm

Post by storm »

franz wrote:There are rumors that several companies are going to reproduce the X-450 but as of yet, nothing has materialized. I will with-hold any judgement on them until I get my hands on one and check for quality of production.
Check out this post for information.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456