1977 Pontiac Parisienne

Frank
Site Admin

1977 Pontiac Parisienne

Post by Frank »

I've got too many cars and I have decided to finally part with this one. My father bought this car in 1977 and it has been in the family ever since. However, as I have been driving it now as a winter car, it is getting rusty. Although the floors are solid, the doors are shot and it looks rough.

The car currently has 233,546 miles on it and the engine was rebuilt at around 100,000 miles and converted to straight propane at 133,150 miles.

Chevrolet 350 Engine
Turbo 350 Transmission
B&M Shift Improver Kit PN 30262
Flat-Top Pistons (CR unknown)
Crane Cam PN 113901(HMV-260-2)
Crane Roller Rockers PN 11744-16
Edelbrock Roller Timing Chain PN 7800
Moroso HEI Advance Curve Kit PN 72300
Proform HEI Adjustable Vacuum Advance PN 66952C
New oil pan
New oil pump
New power steering hoses
Impco Model 425 Mixer (with Lean Gas Valve)
Impco Model E-2 Converter
Impco VFF30-2 Fuelock
Impco SV Start Assist Valve
P215/75R15 Tires (plus 2 snow tires)
Steel rebar in front & rear bumpers
Good interior
Stainless steel exhaust from Y-pipe back
(battery not included)

The original dished pistons I ordered for the rebuild were for stock CR. However, machine shop somehow ruined those pistons and substituted flat-top pistons. The compression was high enough to require 91 octane gasoline to avoid knocking. This high cost of running premium gasoline was a major reason for converting to propane. After repairing bad valve guides at 144,708 miles, a compression check showed cranking pressures of 157 to 167 psi.

This car still runs extremely well and I really don't want to part with it. In fact, I was driving it regularly until last month when the lower rad hose blew. I think you can safely drive this car home with a trip permit if you replace the both upper and lower rad hoses.

$1000 AS-IS

Mattelderca

Post by Mattelderca »

Frank,
Have you any recent pics of the door bottoms?
No promises, but I might be persuaded.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

I don't have photos of the doors but there are defintely holes in the bottoms. There are also holes underneath the moldings. You could probably fill them with fibreglass but I don't think it would be worth it.

I had it safetied at 219,558 miles in September 2005 and obviously didn't drive it very much since. I think it would only be the doors that be an issue if you were to try safetying it. I haven't replaced them because I could buy a similar newer car for the cost of the doing the bodywork on this one.

I was thinking about parting it out myself but I don't have the time for it. You could probably take whatever parts from it you need and break even on the rest.

I also forgot to mention that the tank is about 3/4 full.

If you wanted to have a look at it first, you could also help yourself to some trim off off my 1978 New Yorker while you're here.