SSL certificate for this site?

Look here for announcements. Please make comments and ask questions about the board here too.
storm

Re: SSL certificate for this site?

Post by storm »

I thought so, I was looking for confirmation when I said "I guess the question is why is your site listing on Privacy Badger when I am visiting here?" but I didn't get a response to that.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

I'm not familiar with Privacy Badger so I didn't know to respond to your question.

storm

Post by storm »

Frank you don't need to answer the question, it was for Steptoe.

From the Privacy Badger webpage
"When you view a webpage, that page will often be made up of content from many different sources. (For example, a news webpage might load the actual article from the news company, ads from an ad company, and the comments section from a different company that's been contracted out to provide that service.) Privacy Badger keeps track of all of this. If as you browse the web, the same source seems to be tracking your browser across different websites, then Privacy Badger springs into action, telling your browser not to load any more content from that source. And when your browser stops loading content from a source, that source can no longer track you. Voila!

At a more technical level, Privacy Badger keeps note of the "third party" domains that embed images, scripts and advertising in the pages you visit. Privacy Badger looks for tracking techniques like uniquely identifying cookies, local storage "supercookies," and canvas fingerprinting. If it observes a single third-party host tracking you on three separate sites, Privacy Badger will automatically disallow content from that third-party tracker. In some cases a third-party domain provides some important aspect of a page's functionality, such as embedded maps, images, or stylesheets. In those cases Privacy Badger will allow connections to the third party but will screen out its tracking cookies and referrers (these hosts have their sliders set to the middle, "cookie block" position"

The point is Steptoe's site for breeding birds is feeding content, i.e. his avatar, to this site. While it is highly unlikely, due to the nature of this site and Steptoe's site, it is possible for a "malicious actor" to use the "doorway" created by Steptoe's link to this site to cause interference. Do we need avatars?

I had an instance on my own sites not long ago where someone tried to play around, fortunately nothing can get direct access to my hardware or software due to the fact I have multiple firewalls and all my content is served up by cloudflare, so I look at potential security issues with sites i am familiar with.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

phpbb should still have the setting available to upload avatars and disable off site.
The trick here is to set the avatar dimensions to usable size.
ie 95 x 80 and 25kb

Same thing applies to posting pics.

Settings are in the php admin panel
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

BigBlockMopar

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Uploading avatars to the forum is a good solution to prevent SSL-'warnings.

If you change the url of your avatar to include the 's' in 'http', will the avatar-image still work?

Code: Select all

https://www.kakariki.net/modules/Forums/images/avatars/2272147855c05e6454.jpg
https://www.bigblockmopar.com
'73 Dodge Dart - 360ci - 11.3:1cr
MegaSquirt + HEI 7-pin timing control - Edelbrock AirGap - Cold Air Intake
IMPCO E / 425 mixer - A518 OD-trans - 3.55 gears - 225/50/17" tires.

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

Something weird in the user avatar selection settings
Cant change anything.
Even putting in the current url comes up with invalid.
Change to https comes up with cant establish size

I have pc in posts avatars etc linked to my server in a lot of places with no issues..
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'