Was the forum down yesterday (28.6.2015)?

Look here for announcements. Please make comments and ask questions about the board here too.
storm

Was the forum down yesterday (28.6.2015)?

Post by storm »

I tried a few times yesterday to check the forum but kept getting a time out after a while with a message telling me the server couldn't be located. Was there a problem with the forum or is this a case of Australia not connecting with the rest of the world again?
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Frank
Site Admin

Re: Was the forum down yesterday (28.6.2015)?

Post by Frank »

Yes, and all of my sites were down on the weekend. It was a billing issue for my hosting provider where an automated billing system could not process his credit card and the system failed to warn him about the problem. There was no problem processing the payment manually and, once the payment issue was resolved, the sites went back online about 17:00 EDT Sunday.

I'm very sorry about the inconvenience.

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

automated billing system could not process his credit card and the system failed to warn him about the problem.
Would that be something like when domain names etc become due, the credit card is auto billed? but over the yrs one eventually gets to the expired date of the credit card? :wink:

In our case earlier this yr, fortunately we got emails of renewal of domain names due in 3 months, AND warned us that the credit card was not valid....but did not get any notifications of other bills that get paid automatically out of it....
The domain names get paid off Shore.. USA the rest in NZ....stupid locals that have customer service in weird places like India with ppl who cant speak kiwi.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

My understanding is that the credit card was valid (including expiry date) but the automated billing system could not process it.