Using propane coooling effect as air conditioner

Tech about stuff that doesn't fit in the above categories
Delifisek

Using propane coooling effect as air conditioner

Post by Delifisek »

Hello,

Summer is coming and my car does not have an A/C.

And I just wonder. When there where a problem with LPG reducer water pipes it was frozen.

Is there any possibility to generate some device that use this frooze effect. (I hope my english enough to explain this)

What if I build some special tank to lpg reducer piping, which has increase pipe diameter for every 2 cm to expand LPG a bit and generate some heat exchanger effect ?
Hello. I'm from Turkey. We are using metrics system (km and litre)
Also English not my native language. Thank you for understanding.

storm

Re: Using propane coooling effect as air conditioner

Post by storm »

It is legal in Australia to use propane blends in Air Conditioners. When I did my A/C course we were given the opportunity to work on our own vehicles. We used Propane to flush the system out, even after it had been evacuated of R12, and we then run it. At the vents inside I was getting readings of just above Zero degrees Celcius. I then evacuated the system againa nd filled it with R132a and was getting readings of 4 degrees Celcius. I stayed with the R132a for no reason except for safety because when I pulled the system apart initially I found an O ring seal that was broken, the reason I did the course in the first place was to be able to fix my own A/C legally, and I didn't like the idea of Propane leaking right next to my exhaust system.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456