Need automotive LPG troubleshooting help?

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
The_Stuff

Re: Need automotive LPG troubleshooting help?

Post by The_Stuff »

done. Thank you Franz

flatblack

Post by flatblack »

Just ordered on of these books today, thanks...

Hillbilly

Post by Hillbilly »

Me too. Looking forward to getting more knowledge.

LPGTE21

Post by LPGTE21 »

Franz, I am a brand new member but, I have been lurking in the shadows since Saturday when I first came across this site. I am building a 1973 Toyota Corolla with a 3TC 1,8 ltr engine to be powered by turbocharged LPG. I feel the wisest thing I can do is purchase your book which I am sure will become my LPG bible.

franz

Post by franz »

I'm glad to be of assistance. The book covers a lot of information on LPG motorfuel systems. On this forum, there are ongoing discussions about turbo with LPG as well.

Franz

franz

Post by franz »

Updates:

I have had to suspend the other modules since my day job, the one that pays the bills, has contracted me to develop the training manuals as part of my job as curriculum developer for the propane motorfuel industry.

I have had to close my website due to ongoing problems with the host limiting my traffic and restricting who can access the page. I am not pursuing resurrecting my website at this time, for a number of reasons, time is but one of them. Life is full of challenges, and I am in the middle of one of them now.

If anyone wants to purchase my Diagnostic Guide, please send me an e-mail to my personal e-mail address, I still work with Paypal, and the booklet is $16.95 USD. My e-mail is is currently changing, but if you have any questions, post them here in the private message link.

If you have any questions about vehicles, post them on this forum, that way everyone can benefit from the discussion.

franz

Post by franz »

Sorry for the delay in updates.

I had to shelve book II as I obtained a contract to write one for real money, you know, stuff you can pay your bills with and buy groceries! I am in the final stages of production, editing, and review. In about 4 weeks, I will be able to post where you can download one, for FREE!

The forum moderator has one in review form as does a couple of other members as they are on my review committee. It follows the basic format of the first guide I wrote with a few changes. I had to take a quiet role in a few places for obvious reasons.

PM me if you would like some additional information.

Lastly, some great news that will be coming up in September, more later! ! !

Franz

shepd

Post by shepd »

I'd love to buy the book, but the email address and links are no good. Is it still possible?

franz

Post by franz »

I have had to shut down that e-mail account to overwhelming spam. Through Paypal, please send me $16.95 USD to franz dot hofmann at gmail dot com and I will e-mail the book as soon as I get confirmation.

Franz
Last edited by franz on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

shepd

Post by shepd »

Purchased, thanks!

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

I have had to shut down that e-mail account to overwhelming spam. Through Paypal, please send me $16.95 USD to franz.hofmann(AT)gmail.com and I will e-mail the book as soon as I get confirmation
Never put an emil in a post without encoding...web sites /servers are hit 1000s of time a day ..and more by automated email bots serching for such things.
I suggest changing an email like I have done above...and/ or enable a email link in ones profile so people can contact you.
The email links in phpbb forums like this are encoded from the data base.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

franz

Post by franz »

Good point Steps, edited and corrected.

Franz

Stocky64

Post by Stocky64 »

Hi Franz,

I'm new to this forum but I have been reading about your diagnostic guide from so many other forums and was wondering if it is still possible to purchase the book.
I am about to change to twin impco 425's on a 393 cleveland in a Bronco and I want to make sure I have as much information as possible to get the job done without too many hiccups.

Ross

jono

Post by jono »

The Diagnostic book came in handy when I had an intermittent no start. After checking the supply channel, replaced a cracked housing solenoid at the tank and got another no start - always after many hours of no operation. I come in to read my downloads to have brain register with sideways mounted mixers finally getting wear in the air valve. Found some really nice scores inside the mixer air valve, causing it to intermittently be caught off seat giving the no starts. New mixer in :) Old one would be closer to 400,000km old, with a new diaphragm only about six years ago. Drives and starts like a new car !

Dunksterp

Post by Dunksterp »

Is there an online version of this book I could purchase? I can't seem to find it anywhere?