ASME Motor Fuel Tank Sources?

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
tankin

ASME Motor Fuel Tank Sources?

Post by tankin »

Hi All,

I am nearing the point where I will need to work out the tank install for my Hotrod ('38 Chevy Pickup/Lakes Modified) and have struck out completely for anyone selling motor fuel tanks.
Can anyone tell me who in the U.S. sells low volume? A couple I have seen require volume purchase or will only sell to certified installers.

I'm looking for something in a single tank on order of about 16" diameter and no more than 36" long. Would prefer no mounting brackets and all fittings on bottom or end for remote fill.

HELP! Thanks!

Scotty
"I looked around, a lousy candle's all I found..."

franz

Tank

Post by franz »

Hmm, in Central Texas? That's me too. Send me a private message (at the top of this page).

I have an older Brunner tank that is the diameter you need but a bit longer (think about 42 inches, its in storage at this time.) It needs paint. In the US, almost all tanks have valve mountings in the sides, either front or back. I have seen very few with mountings on the ends and those were not cheap.

The reason most of the suppliers will not sell to private parties is liability, there are no State licensing restrictions unless it is self imposed.

Franz