Truck is running great except…..

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
Maddcarson

Truck is running great except…..

Post by Maddcarson »

Hey all! My work truck is a 82 C30 with a Chevy 350. We have been having a hot idle issue at stop lights and a surge upon cold start or start after sitting for a few hours. It doesn’t happen at every light or stop sign but it will start to bog down and try to die until the power valve opens on the X450 and catches it. Happens over and over until I put it in neutral. But for the last couple of days it doesn’t seem to catch it self anymore and dies. We bought the “Franz” diagnostic book when we first got the truck about a year ago and read it all but maybe I’m missing something? Any tips on how to check the mixer, converter problems will be greatly appricated. We’re running a OHG X450, Impco Model E, and a VF30 lock off. I can’t seem to find any parts for the X450 to put a new o-ring on the diaphragm, or a new power valve spring.

C3H8

Re: Truck is running great except…..

Post by C3H8 »

Where are you located. As I stated in your other post I know a local dealer in Winnipeg that has 3 or 4 of the 450 mixers on the shelf. He is willing to sell them. I can find out the price if you want. PM the information to me.