Is anyone familiar with HANA LPG injectors?

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
Helmet

Is anyone familiar with HANA LPG injectors?

Post by Helmet »

For quite some years now, I've been very interested in making a (very) high performance engine run on LPG. I have already aquired 2 Impco 600's, and it will be interesting to see if I can make one or both of them work in an automotive application.

However, EFI has my preference. With LPI my ultimate goal. But that seems rather out of reach in a standalone application.

So I was searching around for high horsepower capable injectors, and lo and behold:

http://www.hana-injectors.com/hana-injectors/

I stumbled apon this. Take the time to read it.

Now my question is, does anyone have experience with this manufacturer? Because I am very interested in buying a set of these and seeing if I can make them work.
'72 Cutlass Supreme, 455 BBO (out of order)
'85 CUCV, HO454

BigBlockMopar

Re: Is anyone familiar with HANA LPG injectors?

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Looks interesting. But I also think these large injectors might have issues supplying small amounts of LPG at idle and low load situations.
I think I would keep a 'regular' set of injectors and use a set of larger injectors as 'second stage' to be activated by the EFI-unit when needed.

I've got a set of 8 Magic LPG injectors and recently also got a set of Keihin injectors to choose from. The Keihin's appear to have much more 'quality' built in however.
No further experience with them yet.
https://www.bigblockmopar.com
'73 Dodge Dart - 360ci - 11.3:1cr
MegaSquirt + HEI 7-pin timing control - Edelbrock AirGap - Cold Air Intake
IMPCO E / 425 mixer - A518 OD-trans - 3.55 gears - 225/50/17" tires.

storm

Post by storm »

The H2100 looks interesting but with up to 60 HP/cylinder available from the H2001 & H2002 you'd be hard pressed to beat them. Just as a comparison the big Prins injectors put out similar numbers to the small Hana's and come in kits with a reg, what regs do Hana recommend?
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Helmet

Post by Helmet »

storm wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:25 pm
The H2100 looks interesting but with up to 60 HP/cylinder available from the H2001 & H2002 you'd be hard pressed to beat them. Just as a comparison the big Prins injectors put out similar numbers to the small Hana's and come in kits with a reg, what regs do Hana recommend?
I'm still in the process of looking up info on their products. And like I said, I'm interested in high performance, so 60hp/cylinder won't do.
Looks interesting. But I also think these large injectors might have issues supplying small amounts of LPG at idle and low load situations.
I think I would keep a 'regular' set of injectors and use a set of larger injectors as 'second stage' to be activated by the EFI-unit when needed.
Now this I like! 60HP regular injectors combined with 200 HP injectors, 260 HP per cylinder capability, that would make a little over 2000 HP total. A 540 - 560 cube engine with good cylinder heads and about 20 - 25 pounds of boost is capable of that.

Offcourse, I suspect that these injectors are rated rather generous. And probably rated at 100% duty cycle. 80% would be more realistic.
And then there is the question, how to actually get the fuel at the injectors? The 200hp injectors seem intended to be used on diesel trucks, for some reason or another. I'll get back to this as soon as I know more.
'85 CUCV, HO454

storm

Post by storm »

Helmet wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm
I'm still in the process of looking up info on their products.
Their home age only lists injectors and injector accessories.
Helmet wrote:
And like I said, I'm interested in high performance, so 60hp/cylinder won't do.
Thinking outside the square is the basis of high performance but to think outside the square facts are needed.
Helmet wrote:
Now this I like! 60HP regular injectors combined with 200 HP injectors, 260 HP per cylinder capability, that would make a little over 2000 HP total. A 540 - 560 cube engine with good cylinder heads and about 20 - 25 pounds of boost is capable of that.
How are you going to mix 12 volt and 24 volt injectors in the same system?
Helmet wrote:
Offcourse, I suspect that these injectors are rated rather generous. And probably rated at 100% duty cycle. 80% would be more realistic.
I think, like Australia, advertisers in Britain (I think this is the case in the EU as well) are required to advertise verifiable claims. It is probably at 100% duty cycle but the numbers should be accurate.
Helmet wrote:
And then there is the question, how to actually get the fuel at the injectors?
Getting the fuel to the injectors won't be difficult. Getting a regulator to feed 5 bar fuel pressure (naturally aspirated) is the difficult part and that is why I asked what regs Hana recommend. Prins regulator is adjustable from 1.7-2.6 bar and you can add boost reference as well.
Helmet wrote:
The 200hp injectors seem intended to be used on diesel trucks, for some reason or another. I'll get back to this as soon as I know more.
Not really, they are dual purpose 12-24 volt but your not going to get 200 HP/cylinder/injector from 12 volts. Very rough calculations suggest approximately 80 HP/cylinder/injector.

What you need to do is figure out what voltage you want to run and then what regulator(s) you are going to use. If you're going to run 24 volts you'll need to think about what ECU you'll use.
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Their home age only lists injectors and injector accessories.
This is their homepage: http://hanakit.com/lpg/injector/?ckattempt=1 , there is some more stuff listed on that page.
Thinking outside the square is the basis of high performance but to think outside the square facts are needed.
Sure. And that's why I'm asking here.
How are you going to mix 12 volt and 24 volt injectors in the same system?
The CUCV in my sig had both 12v and 24v onboard before I swapped the diesel to a 454. A 12v and 24v system will not be the problem.
I think, like Australia, advertisers in Britain (I think this is the case in the EU as well) are required to advertise verifiable claims. It is probably at 100% duty cycle but the numbers should be accurate.
Hana is based in S. Korea.
Getting the fuel to the injectors won't be difficult. Getting a regulator to feed 5 bar fuel pressure (naturally aspirated) is the difficult part and that is why I asked what regs Hana recommend. Prins regulator is adjustable from 1.7-2.6 bar and you can add boost reference as well.
http://hanakit.com/lpg/reducer-injection-type/

Rated at a whooping 280hp. Meh...
Not really, they are dual purpose 12-24 volt but your not going to get 200 HP/cylinder/injector from 12 volts. Very rough calculations suggest approximately 80 HP/cylinder/injector.

What you need to do is figure out what voltage you want to run and then what regulator(s) you are going to use. If you're going to run 24 volts you'll need to think about what ECU you'll use.
The ECU will be 12v, that's for sure. Again, 12v and 24v injectors on one system will not be a problem. Getting the ECU to talk with the 24v injectors is going to be tricky though. Again, I'm just brainstorming this whole deal.
'85 CUCV, HO454

storm

Post by storm »

Helmet wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 am
This is their homepage: http://hanakit.com/lpg/injector/?ckattempt=1 , there is some more stuff listed on that page.
This is better, there is a lot more information here.
Helmet wrote:
The CUCV in my sig had both 12v and 24v onboard before I swapped the diesel to a 454. A 12v and 24v system will not be the problem.
Good
Helmet wrote:
Hana is based in S. Korea.
But it is being sold by a company in the UK, which you linked to 1st, that must comply with UK laws. https://www.gov.uk/marketing-advertisin ... ur-product If the injector is not capable of producing 200 HP/cylinder then they legally cannot advertise that it can.
Helmet wrote:
http://hanakit.com/lpg/reducer-injection-type/

Rated at a whooping 280hp. Meh...
So you are back to the question of what regulator(s) will you use.
Helmet wrote:
Again, I'm just brainstorming this whole deal.
Brainstorming is great. The facts are obvious and you appear to have a few different angles to consider but the 1 nagging question is with regards to the regulator. No use having a group of injectors to feed a 500+ ci Big Block of a potential 2000+ HP if you can't find a reg(s) to feed them at the operating pressure required to produce it.

EDIT: I almost forgot you need to think about your tank lockoff/outlet as well. If it won't support the HP you want you'll need to look at dual outlets and/or multiple tanks,

Helmet

Post by Helmet »

storm wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:10 pm
Brainstorming is great. The facts are obvious and you appear to have a few different angles to consider but the 1 nagging question is with regards to the regulator. No use having a group of injectors to feed a 500+ ci Big Block of a potential 2000+ HP if you can't find a reg(s) to feed them at the operating pressure required to produce it.

EDIT: I almost forgot you need to think about your tank lockoff/outlet as well. If it won't support the HP you want you'll need to look at dual outlets and/or multiple tanks,
And that was what I meant with, getting the fuel to the injectors. It can be done, offcourse. But it would turn into an absolute plumbing nightmare. So, back to the Roush system it is.
'85 CUCV, HO454