ppi aluminum tank

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
fpvmustang

ppi aluminum tank

Post by fpvmustang »

I purchased a ct-12-25s-32-x-25
it's 12"x25"x32" weight is 91 lbs and has a 25 gallon usable capacity.
tank with valve cost $1247.50 plus $264. for shipping.
autogas-tanks-for-sale-3.jpg
index.jpg
index.jpg (5.84 KiB) Viewed 5355 times

storm

Re: ppi aluminum tank

Post by storm »

These originated in New Zealand, I want one for my old Commodore but it has to be made specially for it and that bumps the price up.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

franz

Post by franz »

I bought one (a segmented welded tank like this one) several years ago for a research project. It was very dirty inside from welding slag and what appeared to be aluminized dust. It took numerous tries to dislodge the debris, vibrating, shot blasting, pressure washing, etc.

However, I dont recall if it was one of these PPI tanks. I just remember the problem. There were several manufacturers of these tanks, Thiokol, Sleegers, PPI, etc.

Franz

kuchen

Post by kuchen »

Well, the polish-made tanks I am used to aren`t nice and clean from the inside neither, but you get like 10 115L tanks for that money so I can't complain.
In the same installation space, 2 separate cylindrical tanks could only hold approx. 65L, so the density is impressive, though.

fpvmustang

Post by fpvmustang »

mine looks clean on inside.
There definitely expensive. but it allows me to have the range i want all tucked under the bed.
I'll have the 25 gallon lpg tank with a 20 gallon gasoline tank both under bed on a 65 Ranchero.