Big Block Mopar on Gas cam choice

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
storm

Re: Big Block Mopar on Gas cam choice

Post by storm »

I wouldn't be using an Impco E for this, why because its power rating is to low. Check the link http://www.teecoproducts.com/catalog/PD ... Series.pdf
I would use, because you are in Australia and they are easy to get, an LG Motor Gas Aussie B2 converter http://www.lgmotorgas.com.au/b2.html. They are rated to approximately 300 hp each.
Have you consider a toroidal tank? http://bluelpg.com.au/
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Bill68

Post by Bill68 »

I was thinking more like a scuba twin or tripple but I'm unsure of the valving will i need two supply feed lines for my build.
Last edited by Bill68 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

Storm, you have the wrong link for the model E. That reg is a PE for NG 1100 BTU gas. The IMPCO model EB for LPG is rated as high as 325 HP on automotive style engines. It is rated lower for industrial engines because of they usually run at 1800 RPM fixed speed and this limits the coolant flow through the reg. The model EB regs are perfectly capable of handling 300 HP. We have used them for years on engines that run up to 300 HP. On a dyno we operated an engine for a long period of time at a rear wheel HP of 280. We ran that vehicle for over 5 minutes at WOT with out any issues or lean conditions.

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

I did some checking as that Link confused me. I compared the dat in the Model L to the model E. I was sure there was something wrong in the TEECO link but it is identical to the IMPCO catalogue. I looked at the model L data and it states 325 HP peak, 200 HP continuous. The model E used to say the same thing but at some time they changed the data to 200 HP only. I'm not sure why.

storm

Post by storm »

Thanks for the heads up C3H8. I've never seen a product catalogue page for the E that shows anything different so I assumed that was the rated HP.
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

C3H8

Post by C3H8 »

I just looked reviewed the newest edition of the IMPCO catalogue. The description for the Model E and PE once again shows it rated at

HP/(KW) 325 HP (242KW) peak and 200 HP (150KW) continuous.

I was considering naming my boat "Sea Nile" and thought it might have been true for a while :wink: . Feeling younger again now :lol: .

storm

Post by storm »

Thanks for that C3H8, I'll update my catalogue pdfs today.
When you questioned the numbers in the catalogue I linked to I wondered what has gone wrong. I trust your knowledge more than I trust catalogues (put together by 3rd parties?).
Cheers.