Least expensive LPG pump from storage to auto

Propane, Butane, LPG, GPL, C3H8, C4H10
1998FXSTS

Least expensive LPG pump from storage to auto

Post by 1998FXSTS »

General Question:

Does anyone out there know of any systems, that do not cost an arm and a leg, that will transfer LPG from a home or farm tank to an auto tank? I'd like to buy 1000 gals at a time and pump as needed at home. Used to see farmers doing it all the time! Natural gas folks have Phill system, but its $5000.00 and I don't see anything about pumping LPG.

Tumbleweed

Steptoe

Re: Least expensive LPG pump from storage to auto

Post by Steptoe »

Its not the pumps but rather the pyro electicals that cost.
We used doubleaction piston pumps in our smaller installtions yrs ago.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

franz

Post by franz »

Take a look here:

http://www.bergquistinc.com/pumps.html

then scroll down to Krug hand pumps. This is the simplest means of transferring product. I didnt say it would be easy though. If you want easy, be prepared to pay for it.

Franz

n47ie5

Post by n47ie5 »

I use one of Corken's Coro-Flo regenerative turbine pumps. A good LPG pump is not cheap, I think I had around $1200 in just the pump at the time I bought it new, but I had been running LPG since before gosoline prices went way up and what I saved in using LPG paid for the pump. I lease the tank, but own the pumping equipment and plumbing. Some LPG companies will lease pumping equipment for resonable rates. Initially it was expensive to setup, but it was well worth it and has now paid for itself many times over since I use LPG in many other applications as well. Corkens pumps seem to be well built and are fully rebuildable.