Post by sgtlethargic »

Attachments
blos_perf.jpg
blos02.jpg
blosaucpic.jpg

franz

Re: BLOS carb?

Post by franz »

This looks strangely familiar to a mixer I looked at in the early 90's, from Russia.

About the claim of no electronics or lambda sensors needed, that is a pretty strong claim. If it is a mechanical mixer (it is) and has adjustments (it does) and fits to a vehicle with computerized feedback (it is advertised that it does), then to maintain at least the factory emissions rating, electronics will be needed of some form.

It does look like it might be worth trying anyway.

Franz

Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Has anybody tried this carb yet?

Imperial73

Post by Imperial73 »

I will try it on my next project car, but have to make it ready for tech inspection first....

Post by 131 »

So has anyone played with the blos mixer? I'm currently running a GRA throttlebody, from a modified B2 converter. I've been trying to find information on the Blos, but there isn't much around, one source said a complex converter was required. Basically I want to know if it will run with a converter setup to feed a gas research mixer. If I can control idle at the weber butterfly adjustment and mixtures can be adjusted on the Blos, I can't see why a complex converter would be required.

Cheers,

Mick.
Attachments
Blos with adaptor for weber carb throttlebody.
Blos with adaptor for weber carb throttlebody.

Delifisek

Post by Delifisek »

Greetings, I had some info about this carb.

Blos is propane carburetor, it was derivated from Stomberg ( SU ) carb. It was very popular in Polland and I believe e-bay seller was a Polish guy too.

It work with recistrive mixer reducers like this.

This reducers had 2 idle adjusters... (some of them has 1 BRC one is 3 idle adjuster) and one main adjuster in reducer to mixer pipe.

working priciple is, recistrive mixer routes some engine vacuum to reducer to enable crusing or wot lpg feed and working well (if you able tune well).

Problem is tuning recistrive mixers is hard especially in idle. Also recistrive mixers limits engine breathing. Blos aims to fix this issue.

For my research, every one was happy with them. (after recistrive mixers) some of them have some tuning issues but almost every one was fixed by themselves or professional tuners.

Regards...
Hello. I'm from Turkey. We are using metrics system (km and litre)
Also English not my native language. Thank you for understanding.

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

What size type enginew where /are they used on?
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

Delifisek

Post by Delifisek »

I assume maximum range is 220 to 250 hp...
Hello. I'm from Turkey. We are using metrics system (km and litre)
Also English not my native language. Thank you for understanding.

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

i have a BLOS mixer fitted to the dedicated LPG 2.2 liter subaru that i repowered my subaru BRAT/Brumby with.

its hands down the best improvement i have ever made to the fuel system of my ute....
it always used to have a (largish) hole just off idle that was annoying in town...i have a Lovato boost capable regulator and had tried a number of different size venturi mixer rings without much success...

if the mixer was small enough to get rid of the hole off idle my power would fall flat on its face about 3500prm...if the mixer ring was big enough to give me power mid range and top end i would have the hole off idle....i lived with the hole off idle lol

once i put the BLOS carb on it was like driving a well tuned fuel injected motor...once i had a handle on how to tune it, its like a different vehicle.
smooth, even running right thru the range its great....no noticeable increase in power or anything but i have noticed improved fuel economy i used to fill with about 42ltrs (average) per week before now i'm averaging about 38ltrs for the same drive to work each week which is nice and is what i'm most impressed with.

the BLOS carb is awesome

cheers
Callum
petrol hedonist by nature... LPG cheapskate by necessity

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

What sort of MPG 4.54L/gal do u get?
Round town and open road cruise.

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

around town i get grumpy if go under 25mpg...on the open road i average about 32mpg on the flat....30mpg crossing the Alps
i drive to get there...not to hug a tree

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

On LPG?

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

yep on lpg....i'm dedicated LPG so i don't have a choice :) i normally have it tuned quite lean if i up the fuel for max power i drop 2-3mpg across the board

superbrava

Post by superbrava »

Unhippy wrote:i have a BLOS mixer fitted to the dedicated LPG 2.2 liter subaru that i repowered my subaru BRAT/Brumby with.
Haven't been here for a while, lost my login details when I changed computers. So what converter are you using? I'd like to know if I can use the Blos carb with a converter setup for a Gasresearch throttlebody.

Unhippy

Post by Unhippy »

the regulator i'm using is a Lovato which is a complex type....i don't know if a BLOS carb would work with a simple type reg