generator converted to propane

Tell us what you have on the go!
squints68

generator converted to propane

Post by squints68 »

ImageImageImageImageImage i took off the carb and sealed all the ports and installed the fuel tube the night before. the next day i put it all back together hooked up the propane tank and after a few adjustments, it started and it sounds quieter than on gasoline. i hooked the generator to the camper and turned on everything. all is good everything works and the generator did not even seams to be laboring at all. i bought this kit online.

Mattelderca

Post by Mattelderca »

I just bought a new generator for the cottage, so this is a timely post!
I was wondering about dual fuel after thinking about it I do not see the point. Where did you get your kit? E Bay? Do any of our list members sell these kits? Frank, how bout you?

squints68

Post by squints68 »

Mattelderca wrote:I just bought a new generator for the cottage, so this is a timely post!
I was wondering about dual fuel after thinking about it I do not see the point. Where did you get your kit? E Bay? Do any of our list members sell these kits? Frank, how bout you?
i got the kit on-line at www.uscarb.com pick your size engine and kit you want. they have different kits for just propane or dual fuel or tri fuel kits. very nice people to deal with. this was my first attempt to convert to an engine to propane. :D