1978 ford bronco 4x4

Tell us what you have on the go!
squints68

1978 ford bronco 4x4

Post by squints68 »

hi guys/gals my name is David and this is my project. i bought it off e-bay. it was sitting for 11 years before i got it. 351m,c-6,np205 tansfer headers, intake Image well since then it's gone though some changes like 4" lift kit ,skid plates,4.56 gears and lockers Image Image ImageImageImage yes that it tbi and Chevy style distb.(dizzy) so why go to propane well it's like this i like to do things different than others.so that what brings me here. I've read a lot on here and sounds like a good place to be . I've have not done the conversion yet but I've all ready bought just about all the pieces. so update will be soon!!

squints68

Post by squints68 »

here is the parts i have so far Image ImageImage ImageImage

franz

old parts

Post by franz »

Wow, looking back at those old parts bring back memories of the 70's and early 80's. I havent seen the Beam 450 in close to 20 years now. I would be highly suspect if repair parts were even available anywhere.

Impco bought out Beam about 10 years ago and obsoleted duplicated product application lines (whatever Impco had that would fit an application, the applicable Beam item would be obsoleted if it was no less expensive). Many Beam, Algas, Garretson, and other brands all but disappeared with a few line item exceptions, mostly in small engine applications.

The large mixer is one I am having problems identifying, it looks like an old Beam Auto-Air, plus there is a venturi ring that looks out of place.

Franz

squints68

Post by squints68 »

that kit was bought mainly for the hoses and fittings. i just bought a impco 425 mixer and impco model E. so far i got about $400.00 in the conversion. i still need a tank set up but thats for later. heres the kit i just bought. Image i also got rebuild kits for them.

squints68

Post by squints68 »

well i got it all installed and running but i had to wire it different than what the instructions said to.ImageImageImage
i'd rather be cummins than power strokin or duracrapin