Installation of a twin gasresearch setup in a 1966 Dodge Mon

Tell us what you have on the go!
monaco 500

Installation of a twin gasresearch setup in a 1966 Dodge Mon

Post by monaco 500 »

Hi

I changed my setup from an Impco 425 with a model E regulator to a twin setup from gasresearch.
There is one carb with 400CFM and a second one with 440CFM
The throttle response is better with the this setup you got a good push when you open the second carb.

I will see the consumption I was at 26l/100km or 9 miles/per gallon.
Pretty poor but I have an heavy feet and my Dodge ram with an impco 300 get only 22 l/100 km or 10.74 miles/per gallon.

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

I have run LPG for over 20 yrs in my Camaro...
MPG in lpg is a meaningless figure.
Bottom line I need to know the comparison with main stream petrol.
Hence why I calc $/mile convert to current petrol price of the grade I would be using, and work out the equiveilent mpg per in petrol terms..
With my old cam I was getting around 19 to 22 mpg equiveilent in petrol, the new cam around the 24 mpg
This is normal daily round town, stop start , medium to heavy traffic.

A petrol engine with a petrol cam and dizzy curve, cannot make the best use of the LPG potential due to different mixtures, the volume of the mixture, burn times, volume of lpg per potential energy and other basic properties.
Running LPG on a LPG designed engine, makes a huge difference in both power and economy.

Imperial73

Post by Imperial73 »

Thats really great looking!

Since I own a big block mopar myself, I'd like to see your car on a meeting this summer, so I can check things like hood clearance and such.