Supercharged 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Tell us what you have on the go!
SpinningMarkVIII

Supercharged 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Post by SpinningMarkVIII »

Hi, I am Kyle, I am 17 am completely self taught. I want to be a Mechanical Engineer and currently am a High School/College/Machining student.

I built a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII and put a Novi 1K on it from a 2001 Mustang Cobra. Nothing really special about it, I use a ShurFlo based DIY Methanol Injection kit and run -20* Washer Fluid.

I got it dyno'd yesterday and it made 352RWHP @ 8PSI @ 6100RPM. If I spun it to 7100 I could make 400WHP but I enjoy having my motor so I won't be doing that till I get a built up motor. The meth kit comes on at 2.6psi or 3800RPM. @ 3700RPM with a 88* Ambient temp, inlet temps are 110*. As soon as the meth hit they drop to 85* :). At the end of the run (6100RPM, and 8PSI) they are only 110*. My nozzle is only 10" up stream from my IAT so they may be lower in the manifold if they dont have time to completely atomize and suck up all the heat.

I am just kinda here to learn more about LPG and what not. Bring some of the info back to the turbo mustang forums. Seems quite a few people were surprised after having called meth injection a band-aid compared to an A/A intercooler.

http://nodealersnoscams.com/images/smokemMark8.WMV

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
352WHP 4.6 DOHC w/Novi 1000
-20* Washer Fluid with a DIY Injection kit, M10 nozzle and 2.6psi Hobbs switch to activate.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

Hi Kyle,

Nice car and welcome to the board! Water injection has been used successfully on supercharged/turbocharged engines for many years and I think it is used mainly for controlling knock.

Does knock-control factor into your decision to use methanol/water injection or are you using it primarily to improve the volumetric efficiency of your engine?

Did you do a comparison of rear wheel power with and without the injection?

SpinningMarkVIII

Post by SpinningMarkVIII »

I used it for two reasons, increased HP and detonation control.

The tuner said he added in a small bit of timing after the meth kit kicks on. It immedietly picked up 27RWHP from the timing/meth.

It dropped the temps at the end of the run 40* and thats just in the distance between where you see the brass fitting and the IAT (JB welded in thing before the TB)
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
352WHP 4.6 DOHC w/Novi 1000
-20* Washer Fluid with a DIY Injection kit, M10 nozzle and 2.6psi Hobbs switch to activate.