1964 Australian Falcon Coupe

Tell us what you have on the go!
steve302

1964 Australian Falcon Coupe

Post by steve302 »

Hi guys,Im new to this forum but have long been a fan of propane (lpg as we call it down here ) and have a Mopar daily driver set up with a 318 stroker,A518 o/drive trans that uses a gasresearch lpg system.It runs fine but I would really love to hear ideas/suggestions for my falcon.I have been slowly collecting the parts for my latest engine, it is a roller cam block with a crower cam (healthy but very streetable 228@.050" and .520 or so lift) ported edelbrock heads,JE 10.5/1forged pistons,crower 5.4" rods (rod ratio of 1.8/1).It will be backed by a tremec TKO500 5 speed and 3.5 rear gears.We were looking at probably close to 400 N/A on premium fuel at a guess .
My big question is inducion,I want power of course,but it will be street driven most of the time and efficiency/economy/driveability is also very important,as is something that looks great.I have plenty of ideas ,dual impco 425 on an edelbrock dual 4 bbl intake,technocarb on a single 4bbl intake,centrifugal blower and blow through carb (my favourite),turbo,efi vapour with a GT40 intake??
Basically,its a clean slate,I only have lpg experience with my mopar with a gasresearch system and would love to hear ideas and suggestions from others who have been there and know the alternatives.Thanks guys looking forward to your ideas,Steve :lol: