87 Jimmy vt1500

Tell us what you have on the go!

87 Jimmy vt1500

Post by ClaytonHowell » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am

I have a 87 jimmy sierra classic 350 with TBI injection. I was wondering instead of buying a mixer if I could just buy a throttle body spacer and run a jet into each barrel. The thought is to make it dual fuel for cheap. Spacers run 100 bucks. JB-2 REGULATOR; IMPCO PROPANE MODEL E REGULATOR, VFF30, and jet it into the throttle body spacer.

The engine has a distributer cap so as long as the engine is turning I have spark. I can shut off the gas by disconnecting the computers positive wire (that makes everything shut off from the injectors to the fuel pump) it is old enough i would say it is barely a computer anyway.

I like the idea of drilling into a throttle body spacer for a few reasons: they say they increase power/mpg on gas, they are cheap ($100), If i screw something up i can RTV the hole and try again or buy a new TB spacer not a new intake, it puts the propane a little closer to the valves and a little farther away from the air filter(incase of backfire.)

Does anybody see any issue with this? It "looks" like it would work to me.

Like this forum and want to help support it for free?
Please support this forum by giving us a commission on your next Amazon purchase.  It's easy and doesn't cost you a cent.  Just paste the following tag to the end of any Amazon link before you buy:

For example, this link:

Becomes this link: