New Job

We want to know about you and what's new with you.
Frank
Site Admin

New Job

Post by Frank »

Finally, after being downsized from Vesuvius USA, I will be starting a new job on February 7. My new position is the Maintenance System Administrator at Lear Corporation in Mississauga, ON. I never expected that I would be working near the Toronto Airport but it's just too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I have been busy working on getting my winter car, a 1973 Dodge Dart, ready for the 180 mile (300 km) daily commute. It looks pretty rough but is still in good running condition. Even though the Dart has a slant six, I cannot expect it to live forever and I am getting my 77 Parisienne ready to take it's place. With luck, I can at least get one more winter out of it and burn up its 3 spare sets of tires.

Anyway, I have a little bit of work left to do on the Parisienne but once I start with commuting with it, I will be able to provide some good real-world, hard-driving propane experience.

Frank

mwbean

What a commute!

Post by mwbean »

Whew- and I thought I had a long commute. is that 180 miles round trip? I hope so.
maybe I some time I can fly in and you can show me around Toronto area always wanted to check it out sometime and we can show me your DART.

Michael.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

Yes, that was a 180 mile round trip. Unfortunately (or fortunately), my contract ended at the end of August so I have been looking for work a bit closer to home. I have also been working on getting my business off the ground but it takes a long time to become established. I have been working on adding some more product lines and this has been been keeping me fairly busy lately.

My Dart isn't much to look at. It's been driven year-round for all of its life so it looks rough. At least I never have to worry about where I park it in at a mall. I may even try to squeak another winter out of it.