We want to know about you and what's new with you.
mwbean

Post by mwbean »

Hi my name is Michael. I live in the Seattle Washington area and work as a mechanic for a major airline in their GSE grage at Sea-tac Airport.

I have been intrested in alt fuels since High School when I wrote a reprt on the future of Hydrogen as a alternative fuel.

I am now getting serious about alt fuels with the price of gas going up and up and can now see that soon alt fuels will be price competive with gas very soon.

Frank
Site Admin

Welcome to the Board!

Post by Frank »

Do you have a project in mind for getting started with alternative fuels?

What fuels are most commonly available in your area?

mwbean

Starting with Propane

Post by mwbean »

Hi Frank- Thanks for all the great info on your website.

To answer your question, I do in fact. (see my other post on converting a Ford 400) I would like to go straight to hydrogen but the fact of the matter I don't have alot of experience with gasious fuels, sigh i am just a knuckle busting diesel Mech. But I am willing to learn. I bought a program from a place called Knowlege Publications that deals with converting your car to hydrogen. Pretty good info but some of it is very scientific so it could potentall bore some folks. Also, be honest, Hydrogen is still not yet an econmical product if you are using an electric hydrolizer that is being powered by the local power co.(at .10 a KWH) When I did the calculations it's still going to cost about 5.30/Gal (Gasoline equlivent). I may consider doing a multi-fuel concept thou.

My Projects:

Well I have a 1970 Ford LTD Landu 400 CI;
A 1964 GMC K1000 pickup with a straight 305E,
A 1981 toyota corolla with a 3TC engine I think it is a 1.6L but not sure, just bought it last week.:
A 1978 Dodge Mini-Winnie RV with a 400CI also. those would be the fairly easy ones.

I have a 1990 Ford tarus but am thinking of selling that one and a 1982 Toyota Camry but that one is fuel injected so I will have to start with the other ones to get some experience first before I do that one.

w=hew!! bet your thinking what the @#&* is he doing with all those cars!

Well as I said before I am a mech for a major Airline but kind fudged on my local, I am currentyl working in Chicago so I need a car there to get around. My Tarus is in Medford Or right now as a friend of my wife's has second stage hodjkins lympoma so when she goes visits here down there she just flys in so she need a car there. so my wife's main car in Port Orchard is the Ford LTD for now, but once I get the Corolla up to snuff (we bought from a old aquatence but needs some work) and my truck is for hauling stuff and pulling a horse trailer around when I take my Alpaca's to shows and stuff. However, according to my sources I will be getting a recal notice to go back and work at SEA_TAC hopefully before thaksgiving.

well gott go.

Michael