I need your help

Got an opinion about fuels, energy, or emissions that you'd like to share or to start a debate?
alejo12

I need your help

Post by alejo12 »

Dear Everyone,
I am a Freshman at Purdue University. I am currently writing a paper for my English class on renewable fuels and I need an expert interview on the subject (via e-mail).
The interview is based on renewable fuels and I know that your knowledge can be very helpful to me. I would like to know if you are interested on being interviewed, I will
greatly appreciate your help on this assignment.
> Thank you

Do you think it (petroleum) can be replaced?

Why / why not?

Do you see any benefits to the substitution of petroleum?

Do you see any dangers to the substitution of petroleum?

What is being done about the research on new fuels?

Which renewable fuel you think is going to be mostly used in the future? Why?

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

I am currently writing a paper for my English class

the theme has been thrashed to hell for the last 30 or so yrs
And the basics are all the same...run out of crude, globel warming, ethanol etc etc.... Boring

So why not take a different approach? along the lines
Do you think it (petroleum) can be replaced?

No by the time alternatives are here the C in the atomshpere will be too high and we will be extinct...and we will need the akternatives to produce the alternatives to produce/make it work...so reseaerch on alternatives as a end use is a waste of time..
eg we are going to need energy to refine the steel to make H2 chambers, refine elemets for batteries etc....
expolating along such a line of thought this can be expanded on...
Do you see any benefits to the substitution of petroleum?
No we will be extinct... see aboce
Which renewable fuel you think is going to be mostly used in the future? Why?
None...renewable means solar, wind, tides...the is not enough renewable energy to produce the machines to to produce the renewable energy
Imaging the size of the solar panels or wind turbines to run an Aluminium refinary to produce the mataials?..let alone dig the raw materials out of the ground...

Its like a perpetual energy machine on a huge scale, and we all know the potetual energy machine to produce more energy than goes in will not happen.

Its an English paper...the lecturer has read it all before, but thow a creditable curve into the subject, the guy becomes interested, entertained, and put in a good frame of mind for good marks, with the 'new' concept..

I used to do this when doing papers from 2000 to 15000 word papers..always pulled top marks.

Rey to get a book "peter Principle" by Townsend around the early '70s
A concept of natural extinction by promotion/evolution above ones abilties
In particular Read the chapter on the Saber tooth tiger
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'