check this thread on fullsizechevy.com

Hydrogen, H2 Vehicle Fuel
oakman

check this thread on fullsizechevy.com

Post by oakman »

Hi

I thought this may be of interest to viewers of this forum. Check this out at fullsizechevy.com under the performance forum then check out this thread

HHO hydrogen fuel=better gas milage and performance (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
ahhwataday

What do you think ? This is something I would like Franz to give his opinion on. Hope this generates some interesting opinions.
:D

franz

bogus

Post by franz »

Sorry, its all hype.

Just adding another fuel to the incoming air mixture will NOT provide the bonus's claimed. Almost all of the sites require an oxygen sensor modification since the "HHO shifts the air fuel ratio, requiring the computer to add more fuel, negating the benefits of the HHO". This electrical modification tricks the computer into thinking it is richer than normal and in turn, cuts back on the injector pulse, making the engine run leaner. On the forum mentioned, the poster also claims that the rear O2 sensor must be disabled (?). Hmm, I guess the catalyst doesn't like running lean, it will burn itself out.

The electrical current required to break the bond between hydrogen and oxygen in sufficient volumes required to provide any benefit are considerable, and the "gains" provided by the H2 gas are negated by the amount of energy required to break the bond. This could have been called "over unity", or when more energy is produced than what is available in the fuel to begin with. Sort of like a perpetual motion machine. If it takes 1000 kw to break the bond, it should produce more than 1000 kw in power to be effective. Since an engine is approximately 28% efficient at WOT (much less at part throttle) we need 3000 kw in output versus 1000 kw input to even reach parity.

Oh, and there's more. This has been the subject of almost all of my phone calls and e-mails. Some of them have been vocal, almost too vocal. I have even had a couple of threats against me and my family, resulting in one arrest and prosecution (from one gent in California).

There has NOT been one documented case of a "billion dollars offered", sorry, it hasn't happened. There has not been one documented case of "oil companies suppressing the technology", and the same for the OEM's. Can you even imagine the damage that just one documented case would cause an OEM if it were ever made public? Missing scientists? Those named have never existed.

One "scientist" in California was proved bogus, since the PhD he claimed was never offered at that college and there was never anyone registered at that school by that name. Some of the hype posed by individuals on the web have claimed harassment by the FBI, CIA, Police, etc, on reported charges of smuggling, drugs, auto theft, and so on. Hmm

Great conversation, good food for thought. Until SOMEONE produces one and submits it to an independent testing laboratory for true, repeatable, confirmation, I remain a skeptic.

Franz

Mattelderca

Post by Mattelderca »

Besides, Myth Busters all ready busted this!!

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

I to remain sceptical...and that is basic physics.
I did post about the aussie guys in another forum...a couple backyard guys just messing around on an old 70s ford falcon 6 then injectiong into the carb along with petrol. They then compared to a very similar car over a given distance with some savings in mpg.
Not exactly scientific, but a good consevation point

That thread above...
1/ From the moderstion of the admins of the allowed flaming and such, any creditabity of the site and member just crashed out for me.
2/A lot of it was very apparent that the posters have no practical concept of how sensors/ monitoring work...even from the very limited theretical bases I have with nil experiance, I see that.
This has been the subject of almost all of my phone calls and e-mails. Some of them have been vocal, almost too vocal. I have even had a couple of threats against me and my family, resulting in one arrest and prosecution (from one gent in California).
:shock:

This from that site? And yeah we have a nil torreance to that sort of BS, bully tactics, full compliments to stand up them, in a time where apathy is so damn prevalient...Im an ex union man for the 70s... its a huge hassle to deal with and see thru, along with the stress.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

franz

gents

Post by franz »

No, the person who began harassing me was not from that site. He found me through my personal website and began writing me asking for basic alt fuel info, like most of them do, then progressed into HHO, then when I began challenging his theories, he became unacceptable. Flaming is a polite term to describe what his comments were!

Franz

oakman

thanks for the replies

Post by oakman »

:D

Thanks !!!

The replies to the post are terrific . I thought the topic on fullsizechevy.com was getting kind of heated and I thought there may be some more thoughtful opinions generated on this forum. Thanks Franz; I knew you must have had many people over the years get overly emotional about there hydrogen power generator inventions. Hope your having more luck lately with keeping the nut cases at bay!