Anything Into Oil

Biodiesel, Dual Fuel (Diesel/Propane, Diesel/NG), HCCI
Frank
Site Admin

Anything Into Oil

Post by Frank »

As I was reading my backlog of old magazines, I came across a biodiesel article in the April 2006 issue of Discover magazine entitled "Anything Into Oil". This is a follow-up to the July 2004 article of "Anything Into Oil" and the May 2003 article of "Anything Into Oil".

Changing World Technologies, Inc. operates the first TCP (Thermal Conversion Process) biorefinery in Carthage, Missouri, which is located 100 yards from ConAgra Foods' Butterball plant. Turkey guts, junked car parts, and even raw sewage go in one end of this plant, and black gold comes out the other end.

The process is designed to handle almost any waste product imaginable, including turkey offal, tires, plastic bottles, harbor-dredged muck, old computers, municipal garbage, cornstalks, paper-pulp effluent, infectious medical waste, oil-refinery residues, even biological weapons such as anthrax spores. According to Appel, waste goes in one end and comes out the other as three products, all valuable and environmentally benign: high-quality oil, clean-burning gas, and purified minerals that can be used as fuels, fertilizers, or specialty chemicals for manufacturing.

According to May 2003 article, just converting all the U.S. agricultural waste into oil and gas would yield the energy equivalent of 4 billion barrels of oil annually. For comparison, the United States imported 4.2 billion barrels of oil in 2001.

ChuckBaker

Post by ChuckBaker »

So why haven't we heard more about this. Did it not work out??